Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought the Viofo duo plus for my new 2021 CX-30 (USA) and was looking for the best way to install it: hardwire, usb, rear view mirror? I park on the street, so park mode is a necessity. I've done research and watched videos, but I'm still a little lost. Any advice would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought this cool dash cam for my CX-30 (see link below) and was wondering if any of you guys know if I install the frameless auto-dimming mirror too I could get away with having to use a power socket (or some type of connector) in the OBD? My car doesn't come with the sunroof so I can't connect the camera's power adapter to the sunroof electricity cable. The easier to get this working, the better. Also, if you guys want me to send you a discount code for the website let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
220 Posts
I have my dash cam installed just under the built in camera behind the rearview mirror. The power cable it tucked in behind the headliner and weather strippping on the top and side and under the floor mat to the center console. Doing this is an extremely cheap and fairly easy way to wire it up in a way that almost looks professionally installed (you can only see a small section of the cable into the center console). It has a battery and g-sensor for monitoring the car when parked.

I don't think I'd want to wire up a webcam so that it was powered by the car's battery while parked. Modern cars already have too much idle load on their electrical systems but I might buy the mirror power adapter at some point.

If you're wondering I have this dashcam, but i only paid $56 for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts