Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have fitted dash cameras front and back in my CX30
I was informed it was not possible to fit ?
Is this true ? I am in uk can you both recommend anyone who can fit them
And also what cameras to buy for quality and price , thanks Shaun

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
165 Posts
I imagine, with enough $$$ or pounds, you can have most anything done. I have no idea who to turn to. I would start looking for a forum or such that caters to your need.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a front and rear Nextbase 380 GWX dashcam fitted to my CX30 lastTuesday by Magna Mazda , who supplied the CX30 originally. Cost including fitting, was £249.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
Me and my son both have

Available on Amazon....shop around.
Powered by the usb in the centre console.. just order a 3-4m mini usb lead... Had them for 3 years . No problems.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
15 Posts
Me and my son both have

Available on Amazon....shop around.
Powered by the usb in the centre console.. just order a 3-4m mini usb lead... Had them for 3 years . No problems.
I discussed this with my Mazda Dealer today and was advised that the only current way to hard wire was via the aux fuse under the bonnet as the footwell fuse box does not have one. He advised against connecting to the USB outlets as they are continually live.
Later this afternoon, I fitted my Nextbase 522GW routing the cable behind the headlining, then tucked behind the door weather strip, lifted the door plastic kick plate, lifted the carpet under the front seat and threaded the cable upwards and hidden against the rear of the armrest (the front seat hides the cable) I then plugged into the cig. socket.
I can confirm this does switch off with the ignition and the 522GW powered down after 10 seconds. This is not perfect, but it at least allows the dash cam to work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have mine booked in to have a dash cam front and rear installation. I discussed the CX-30 with them and they rang me back having checked and said no issue at all hard wiring the camera - which i want to stay live as it has a parking protection mode.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
I discussed this with my Mazda Dealer today and was advised that the only current way to hard wire was via the aux fuse under the bonnet as the footwell fuse box does not have one. He advised against connecting to the USB outlets as they are continually live.
Later this afternoon, I fitted my Nextbase 522GW routing the cable behind the headlining, then tucked behind the door weather strip, lifted the door plastic kick plate, lifted the carpet under the front seat and threaded the cable upwards and hidden against the rear of the armrest (the front seat hides the cable) I then plugged into the cig. socket.
I can confirm this does switch off with the ignition and the 522GW powered down after 10 seconds. This is not perfect, but it at least allows the dash cam to work.
The usb stay live... For 2-3 minutes after locking the car...👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dash Cam being fitted next week. Spoke to the auto electrician and there is no issue with the CX-30 fitting. He said it would be hard wired anyway rather than use a USB connection.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
6 Posts
I had a front and rear Nextbase 380 GWX dashcam fitted to my CX30 lastTuesday by Magna Mazda , who supplied the CX30 originally. Cost including fitting, was £249.
Where did they take the power from Shaun? I fitted my front and rear Nextbase cameras which was very easy BUT, have found out that all of the fuses do not go off when the ignition is turned off, they are always on and this has caused me a flat battery. Would be great if you have photos etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adding to this conversation here as a prospective CX-30 owner, a Chinese dashcam manufacturer seems to have found the right fuse for a front dash cam, that doesn't involve tearing too much interior apart and not using the USB port/12V (website and captions are all in Chinese but it's quite self explanatory). https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1sv411v7oy/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Now the question is if the rest of the world also has this setup with the moonroof switches (especially for lower trims). If so then this looks to me the most elegant solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts