Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there are two switches for changing the light intensity of the dashboard lights. Do the lights automatically dim when it is dark to the setting you have set.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
167 Posts
You have to set it I think, although I've seen in change on its own too.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
I see that there are two switches for changing the light intensity of the dashboard lights. Do the lights automatically dim when it is dark to the setting you have set.
Yes, when set to do so in the settings menu..should be done at pdi

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried switching off my headlights when reversing into my driveway in the small hours of the morning, so they don’t shine through the windows across the road.
The instrument lights went to full brightness and completely dazzled me, couldn’t see a damn thing.
What’s the point of that?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
I tried switching off my headlights when reversing into my driveway in the small hours of the morning, so they don’t shine through the windows across the road.
The instrument lights went to full brightness and completely dazzled me, couldn’t see a damn thing.
What’s the point of that?
  • I guess they figure if you are turning off your headlights, then it must be daytime 😄
  • you have adjustment to dial down the instrument gauge lighting, try that
  • if you are reversing you wouldn't be looking much at your gauges would you?
  • have you tried just moving your headlight switch to your parking lights instead of completely off to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
23 Posts
May be wrong but I think if the lights are set at full brightness they do not dim automatically. "One click" down in brightness and they auto dim with headlights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts