1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Looking for some advice please

Had a dashcam fitted today

Now when I press the button to stop the engine I get a warning saying Ignition Not Switched off, and a strange flashing red light - looks like a padlock - just above the red sign to say the doors are open

Any ideas anyone please?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
31 Posts
Not sure if this is the warning light to which you are referring, but this is from the owner's manual:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for the response. This is the warning light that flashed - think it may be telling me the immobiliser isn't set until the dash cam goes into park mode maybe

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
6 Posts
Hi all

Now when I press the button to stop the engine I get a warning saying Ignition Not Switched off, and a strange flashing red light - looks like a padlock - just above the red sign to say the doors are open

Any ideas anyone please?
This could be to do with the same issue I have. None of the fuses are switched, meaning that the dash cam will continue to draw power. I'm trying to find a way of hard wiring mine but without success.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stevo - spoke with Mazda Technical support today. My dash cam is hard wired and the light flashes while the camera switches from active recording to 'car park mode' and the light flashing is OK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just remember MAZDA Japan has put out many warnings to all of their Distributors (MNAO, MME, MMUK, MA, MNZ) that Customers Must be careful when purchasing and using off the shelf electrical accessories as their current draw can and does interfere with factory ignition/starter systems (particularly 12V Port Plug for Phone Chargers (battery) and other uses.
I am not suggestion your example is the problem, but again Japan has warned that diagnostic costs under New Car Warranty will not be paid to Dealers for/in such cases. I am certain a detailed warning IS in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
6 Posts
Cheers for that. I have a Nextbase 512GW and 512GW Rear Camera fitted. I hardwired it into the fuse box and it's caused all sorts of issues including draining the battery. Technician came out today to run diagnostics and couldn't see what the issue was. I thought at that point my camera turned off with the ignition and that's what I told him. However, on checking, it doesn't and continues to draw power.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
336 Posts
........... That's why me and my son just plugged into the usb for our cameras....I know it doesn't be help your problems, I would remove the hard wiring and just plug them in..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi all

Any ideas anyone please?
If an auto electrical engineer did the job ... Get them to put it right..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
6 Posts
I just tried the cigarette lighter socket inside the armrest and that is switched. I'm going to run the cable into into and pass it through the rear (hinged end) of the lid and leave it connected.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv X AWD UK
6 Posts
Or just wire it into the OBD port. That’s what a Mazda tech did on mine.. switches off a few seconds after the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
6 Posts
Right ok thanks. That's the plug for diagnostics? Not sure I want to mess with that or have I totally misunderstood?
BTW, have just run the new cable round to the rear of the arm rest and plugged into the cigar lighter, works a treat and cable is pretty well hidden. Good thing is it's switched and turns off with the ignition.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have always hardwired my dash cams .. but the way things are with electronic sensors these days , sometimes it's best not to interfere..

Glad it worked out for you..👍

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
31 Posts
Right ok thanks. That's the plug for diagnostics? Not sure I want to mess with that or have I totally misunderstood?
BTW, have just run the new cable round to the rear of the arm rest and plugged into the cigar lighter, works a treat and cable is pretty well hidden. Good thing is it's switched and turns off with the ignition.
Yes, it does get used for diagnostics. Anyone can buy a OBD2 (On-Board Diagnostics) reader to check out details on computer warnings or even clear them in many cases. More expensive units have full readers attached and cheaper ones broadcast through bluetooth or wifi to an app on your phone, but they all generally work in a similar manner.

Since power can be drawn from that port (around 4 amps if I recall the standard) , there are plug-in cables available for things like dash cams. You can see an example here: IROAD OBD-II Cable for Easy IROAD Dash Cam Installation - BlackboxMyCar

1 - 18 of 18 Posts