Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start my CX30... totally dead with dash lights randomly flashing. I’m so disappointed ..
Towed into Mazda on a flatbed. Went to go pick it up .. wouldn’t start .. I have a loner.
With yesterdays conversation , I was told they ran diagnostics, and had numerous alerts due to low voltage .. all erased now and waiting to hear back if it’s starting today. Might be time to go back to Ford.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
sorry to hear that. You should fill out your location and drive info in Account Settings, so we know where in Canada your located and the year and model of CX-30 you're driving which will show up each time you post.

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
495 Posts
sorry to hear that. You should fill out your location and drive info in Account Settings, so we know where in Canada your located and the year and model of CX-30 you're driving which will show up each time you post.
How many times are you still going to say that😁😁😁

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
According to posting on German forum there seems to be a recall coming from Mazda for updating the Body Control Unit, Climate Control Unit and LFU for the battery problems. Don't know where LF stands for but it has to with the door locking. The recall campaign reference seems to be AL305A.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know where LF stands for but it has to with the door locking
Digging around on the internet it stands for Low Frequency Control Unit - it drives the "beeper" sounds associated with keyless locking actions and when the start button is pressed it requests the key fob to identify itself - verifies fob is in the car?

After 6 months of battery problems a change of dealer appears to have fixed my problem. The fix has stopped the relay noises from the car whenever the key fob came within about 3 metres of the car - "electrics" turned on even though door not opened.
I've posted a graph that shows over a period of 3 hours how my actions caused a drop in battery voltage from 12.68 down to 12.57. I would have liked to log the current draw but I haven't the kit to measure amps over such a long period. I also didn't test what happens if the fob remains within "radio contact" for many hours.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
@PeterK, your new dealer probably de-activated a "welcome light" function not supported in all markets which I wrote about in another flat battery topic, see flat battery . Although I didn't have a flat battery after a year of ownership (but got me a jumpstarter to be safe) I had that setting checked during inspection and it was indeed turned on in my case. Whatever your new dealer did, glad it got fixed!

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
8 Posts
Went to start my CX30... totally dead with dash lights randomly flashing. I’m so disappointed ..
Towed into Mazda on a flatbed. Went to go pick it up .. wouldn’t start .. I have a loner.
With yesterdays conversation , I was told they ran diagnostics, and had numerous alerts due to low voltage .. all erased now and waiting to hear back if it’s starting today. Might be time to go back to Ford.
Called Mazda Corp. and was told they are aware of this problem. Who came up with this stuff? They said they will try to change the alarm of delete it. I said no no please do not change it, it is unnecessary. totally unnecessary.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
345 Posts
Called Mazda Corp. and was told they are aware of this problem. Who came up with this stuff? They said they will try to change the alarm of delete it. I said no no please do not change it, it is unnecessary. totally unnecessary.
Except that it is necessary. There is a lot more going on than you realize and trying to prevent the battery from being discharged is just one part of the picture. Now can it be annoying? Yes it can, but that does not mean that it is broken.

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
8 Posts
Except that it is necessary. There is a lot more going on than you realize and trying to prevent the battery from being discharged is just one part of the picture. Now can it be annoying? Yes it can, but that does not mean that it is broken.
When I open the drive's side door and I am hearing a loud alarm and the dash is flashing Low Battery Risk. That to me is a broken feature. That is why Corp is aware and is trying to come up with a solution. I will call them back in a couple of weeks to see if they are making any progress on a solution.

·
Registered
345 Posts
When I open the drive's side door and I am hearing a loud alarm and the dash is flashing Low Battery Risk. That to me is a broken feature. That is why Corp is aware and is trying to come up with a solution. I will call them back in a couple of weeks to see if they are making any progress on a solution.
That is the car doing exactly what it is supposed to do "IF" something is causing an extended drain on the system. The question is what is causing it. In the meantime there are some things you can check and have a better understanding of what is happening. Do you have a voltmeter?

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
In my opinion the warning is set to alarm way to early. If I vacuum my floors with the door open, it goes off.
None of my other cars alarm while cleaning and both have similar electronics. Per my voltmeter, the battery was at 12.4 volts, so why the alarm. I do not mind an alarm but this one is annoying being set so low. I carry a jump starter also because of this alarm. Never had to use it, but again, do not carry one in my two Toyotas.

·
Registered
345 Posts
In my opinion the warning is set to alarm way to early. If I vacuum my floors with the door open, it goes off.
None of my other cars alarm while cleaning and both have similar electronics. Per my voltmeter, the battery was at 12.4 volts, so why the alarm. I do not mind an alarm but this one is annoying being set so low. I carry a jump starter also because of this alarm. Never had to use it, but again, do not carry one in my two Toyotas.
The precise state of charge and state of health of the battery is very important for more than just starting the engine. The onboard electronics are always going to be susceptible to system voltage spikes that can occur for many different reasons. A battery that can easily accept a charge will absorb the majority of the possible spikes in system voltage. The other responsibility of the battery is to supplement the alternator when power demand is higher than the alternator can produce. That's the cliff notes of the smart charging systems. Every manufacturer has systems that do this today.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium
33 Posts
This happened to me with my 2017 CX-3. I found the car dead and my neighbor told me that the lights and horn were flashing/blaring until it stopped. He said the car was "possessed". I was at work when it happened.

Mazda sent a tow but the tow guy had a NOCO Boost Plus GB40 and boosted my car in seconds. I took a photograph of the product and bought it, just in case it ever happens again: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKUPIC/

I took the car to Mazda, they ran a diagnostic and found nothing wrong with the car or battery.

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
2 Posts
It's a really very annoying thing. There are so many reasons for this battery dead.
If the battery was dead it will take several hours to charge ...

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactive G
7 Posts
Dear friends,
I'm owner of a CX30 skyactive G 122cv (since july 2920) in Spain (sorry by the translation), and me too have a problem since last service maintenance (2nd service at July).
When I don't us the car, 12v battery draw and lost capacity.

I've been looking for a rule or pattern that could explain what's happens.

At last I bought a battery controller (BM6 at AliExpress), trying to identify the problem

I've detected at dawn and nightfall a 3 min consumption peak of voltage.
It cause at least a 8% of battery capacity in each event, these data are 24h the car into the parking.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

1 - 20 of 24 Posts