Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my CX30... totally dead with dash lights randomly flashing. I’m so disappointed ..
Towed into Mazda on a flatbed. Went to go pick it up .. wouldn’t start .. I have a loner.
With yesterdays conversation , I was told they ran diagnostics, and had numerous alerts due to low voltage .. all erased now and waiting to hear back if it’s starting today. Might be time to go back to Ford.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
sorry to hear that. You should fill out your location and drive info in Account Settings, so we know where in Canada your located and the year and model of CX-30 you're driving which will show up each time you post.

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
523 Posts
Lol I'm sure telling him to fill out his location really helped with his CX 30 issue 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Europe they have a solution for this issue, a software update. The electric tailgate and some other module remain active after the car is locked and drain the battery on some cars.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
73 Posts
According to posting on German forum there seems to be a recall coming from Mazda for updating the Body Control Unit, Climate Control Unit and LFU for the battery problems. Don't know where LF stands for but it has to with the door locking. The recall campaign reference seems to be AL305A.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't know where LF stands for but it has to with the door locking
Digging around on the internet it stands for Low Frequency Control Unit - it drives the "beeper" sounds associated with keyless locking actions and when the start button is pressed it requests the key fob to identify itself - verifies fob is in the car?

After 6 months of battery problems a change of dealer appears to have fixed my problem. The fix has stopped the relay noises from the car whenever the key fob came within about 3 metres of the car - "electrics" turned on even though door not opened.
I've posted a graph that shows over a period of 3 hours how my actions caused a drop in battery voltage from 12.68 down to 12.57. I would have liked to log the current draw but I haven't the kit to measure amps over such a long period. I also didn't test what happens if the fob remains within "radio contact" for many hours.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
73 Posts
@PeterK, your new dealer probably de-activated a "welcome light" function not supported in all markets which I wrote about in another flat battery topic, see flat battery . Although I didn't have a flat battery after a year of ownership (but got me a jumpstarter to be safe) I had that setting checked during inspection and it was indeed turned on in my case. Whatever your new dealer did, glad it got fixed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts