Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 cx30 (100 yr edition)
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has not yet received the US or UK manual which they intended to annotate to make it compatible with Thai models of the CX30. As I explained earlier, it is taking weeks for parcel post to arrive in Thailand. The system is not like that of western countries.

However, the dealer is now arranging for all test drives for potential new customers to include an explanation and demonstration of the safety features available on Thai models so that there is no longer confusion on what is or is not included. I-stop, lane departure, automatic braking etc.

The task of organising this is being assigned to the Thai lady who was trained in Mazda Hong Kong. She, from the very start, was the only staff member who appreciated the failings that had become obvious in their selling methods. Because of Mazda Japan's involvement and concerns, she is now able to expedite these improvements in the sales department.

So, it's a win-win situation. I get a lifetime warranty. The selling techniques are improved for future customers. Thai management does not lose Face. I have access to her if any problems arise in future.

Because the annotation of the US or UK manual would have been completed by the Sales and Service managers, it may not have been that helpful or accurate anyway. They had already demonstrated they weren't that up to date on the Thai specification of the CX30 and were giving misleading information.

The atmosphere is still very friendly whenever I visit and, as I said before, they even took me out to lunch. The lady trained in Mazda Hong Kong was not invited. I thought that petty but Thailand is very hierarchical and male-oriented.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Thailand and found everything I needed from this online manual.

Thanks for quoting the link but there are features in it that do not apply to Thai cx30s. Check all the fetures for yourself if you live in Thailand and you will see that not all apply..

The manual I was originally given was not relevant to Thai models. That is why Mazda Japan agreed that the dealer provide an annotated copy highlighting what features applied to Thailand and which did not.

Perhaps you should read my post again

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
508 Posts
Thanks for quoting the link but there are features in it that do not apply to Thai cx30s. Check all the fetures for yourself if you live in Thailand and you will see that not all apply..

The manual I was originally given was not relevant to Thai models. That is why Mazda Japan agreed that the dealer provide an annotated copy highlighting what features applied to Thailand and which did not.

Perhaps you should read my post again
Just ignore what you don't have like heated seats, steering wheel, etc. Has all the info I needed to figure out my car. Maybe you need more?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just ignore what you don't have like heated seats, steering wheel, etc. Has all the info I needed to figure out my car. Maybe you need more?
I don't need more.

What I wanted was an accurate manual of the Thai model. Both Mazda Japan and the dealer agreed that the manual I was given was inaccurate. If you check, there are safety features in the manual you quoted which do not apply in Thailand. I've now told you that several times. What would be helpful to other forum members would be if you admitted those safety features which are in your manual but which do not apply to Thailand. Maybe you aren't aware of those safety features and don't realise you don't have them on your car.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
508 Posts
I don't need more.

What I wanted was an accurate manual of the Thai model. Both Mazda Japan and the dealer agreed that the manual I was given was inaccurate. If you check, there are safety features in the manual you quoted which do not apply in Thailand. I've now told you that several times. What would be helpful to other forum members would be if you admitted those safety features which are in your manual but which do not apply to Thailand. Maybe you aren't aware of those safety features and don't realise you don't have them on your car.
As I said before just ignore the features you don't have.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer has not yet received the US or UK manual which they intended to annotate to make it compatible with Thai models of the CX30. As I explained earlier, it is taking weeks for parcel post to arrive in Thailand. The system is not like that of western countries.

However, the dealer is now arranging for all test drives for potential new customers to include an explanation and demonstration of the safety features available on Thai models so that there is no longer confusion on what is or is not included. I-stop, lane departure, automatic braking etc.

The task of organising this is being assigned to the Thai lady who was trained in Mazda Hong Kong. She, from the very start, was the only staff member who appreciated the failings that had become obvious in their selling methods. Because of Mazda Japan's involvement and concerns, she is now able to expedite these improvements in the sales department.

So, it's a win-win situation. I get a lifetime warranty. The selling techniques are improved for future customers. Thai management does not lose Face. I have access to her if any problems arise in future.

Because the annotation of the US or UK manual would have been completed by the Sales and Service managers, it may not have been that helpful or accurate anyway. They had already demonstrated they weren't that up to date on the Thai specification of the CX30 and were giving misleading information.

The atmosphere is still very friendly whenever I visit and, as I said before, they even took me out to lunch. The lady trained in Mazda Hong Kong was not invited. I thought that petty but Thailand is very hierarchical and male-oriented.
Saw her yesterday and went over some features which are in the manuals but not available on Thai models. Tyre pressure monitoring for example. She's a fountain of accurate knowledge. Even if the manuals eventually arrive, I doubt the annotations made by the service manager would be as accurate as the conversations I am having with her.

I took her out to dinner last night as a "thank you", particularly as she was excluded from the lunch I had with the service and sales managers earlier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw her yesterday and went over some features which are in the manuals but not available on Thai models. Tyre pressure monitoring for example. She's a fountain of accurate knowledge. Even if the manuals eventually arrive, I doubt the annotations made by the service manager would be as accurate as the conversations I am having with her.
I took her out to dinner last night as a "thank you", particularly as she was excluded from the lunch I had with the service and sales managers earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts