Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many electronics and sensor systems (auto-cruise, lane departure etc), did you extend you warranty to 5 or 7 years?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope. 6th Mazda and an extended warranty would have been a waisted expense each time. (I drive 100,000 miles and trade in or pass down to the kids.)

if I were buying a BMW, Alfa, Jaguar, Nissan or Jeep, I would buy one but not for a Mazda.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
12 Posts
I extended mine to 7 years because I was able to talk down the warranty price $700. In the end, it's a matter of if you think you might recoup the money that you pay for in repairs. Mazda tends to be fairly reliable so I can see why others don't find it necessary but I drive 4-5k km/month so I figured with more wear and tear, things may not end up so well as it is a newer model.
https://www.mazda.ca/en/warranty/mazda-added-protection/ Check the brochure for a comprehensive list of what's covered so you can make an educated decision

·
Registered
31 Posts
I extended mine to 7 years because I was able to talk down the warranty price $700. In the end, it's a matter of if you think you might recoup the money that you pay for in repairs. Mazda tends to be fairly reliable so I can see why others don't find it necessary but I drive 4-5k km/month so I figured with more wear and tear, things may not end up so well as it is a newer model.
https://www.mazda.ca/en/warranty/mazda-added-protection/ Check the brochure for a comprehensive list of what's covered so you can make an educated decision
I agree with these numbers. $700.00 Canadian is a great fee for 7 years. I would buy that plan any day.

The $700.00 great rate (depending on what is included) is likely the result of what is expected for a reliable brand like Mazda. At this rate it is a reasonable fee for the assurance you get from having the coverage.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
12 Posts
I agree with these numbers. $700.00 Canadian is a great fee for 7 years. I would buy that plan any day.

The $700.00 great rate (depending on what is included) is likely the result of what is expected for a reliable brand like Mazda. At this rate it is a reasonable fee for the assurance you get from having the coverage.
Sorry I should have worded it better. I reduced the price by 700$ 😅. I ended paying $2300 CAD for it

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
on pcp here so it will be gone when its 18-24 months old...

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
no, I've never purchased extended warranties on any vehicle I've ever bought new. In general, extended warranties are not worth it based on many studies that Consumer Reports have done over the years from consumers.
To me you would be further ahead to put the cost of the warranty into something that would earn you money over the time period and then draw from it if and when you actually require it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With so many electronics and sensor systems (auto-cruise, lane departure etc), did you extend you warranty to 5 or 7 years?
Yes , for the first time in my life I bought the bumper to bumper extended warranty. 2021 awd premium and the sophisticated awd and safety features inspired my purchase. Cuts against my history, but the peace of mind and my intent to keep my cx30 for many years tipped the scales. Wouldn't blame folks for passing on extended warranty though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought it as well because my previous Mazda cx-3 I had tons of issues with, so the extended warranty gives me a little peace of mind on my cx-30.
what kind of issues? I guess not bad enough to Feel good about buying another Mazda?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
220 Posts
what kind of issues? I guess not bad enough to Feel good about buying another Mazda?
My center armrest broke four times. had to have my front right ball joint replaced under 10,000 MI. My brakes & rotors were shot after 25,000 MI. My tire pressure light would come on at least three times a month in the dealership said it was normal to the point where I wouldn't get out to check my tires anymore and of course the one time I didn't I actually had a flat 😖😖. When I approached 50,000 mi my steering column became real creaky. I just blamed it on the car not the brand because my family had had plenty of Mazdas with good luck. And so far I am real pleased with my cx30. Aside from the rearview mirror drooping down 😅 Oh && heavy moisture buildup in the rare tail lights at the dealership also said was normal 🤦‍♂️ I could have almost went swimming in them 🤣

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
437 Posts
My center armrest broke four times. had to have my front right ball joint replaced under 10,000 MI. My brakes & rotors were shot after 25,000 MI. My tire pressure light would come on at least three times a month in the dealership said it was normal to the point where I wouldn't get out to check my tires anymore and of course the one time I didn't I actually had a flat 😖😖. When I approached 50,000 mi my steering column became real creaky. I just blamed it on the car not the brand because my family had had plenty of Mazdas with good luck. And so far I am real pleased with my cx30. Aside from the rearview mirror drooping down 😅
Sounds like the amount warranty work headaches I had when I had a Nissan Rouge sport .. was a terrible cheep quality vehicle and it was my second Nissan and because it was soon bad and the CVT transmission could have killed me merging into traffic on a freeway when something happened to it and I lost power with a transport coming behind me like a freight train.. never another Nissan again 😠 let alone was in the shop at least once every month to two month for some warranty work .. and it kept stalling on me to that's just some of the issues haha can't count on two hands the amount of times I was in the dealership over the two years of ownership of it.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 6 GS
15 Posts
no, I've never purchased extended warranties on any vehicle I've ever bought new. In general, extended warranties are not worth it based on many studies that Consumer Reports have done over the years from consumers.
To me you would be further ahead to put the cost of the warranty into something that would earn you money over the time period and then draw from it if and when you actually require it.
I agree...my 3rd Mazda and all have been reliable so never purchased extended warranty on any of them. In fact learned from my prev mistakes of buying ext warranties on a Toyota and Volvo and have never made any claims during warranty period. What I do is I put aside the money I would have spent on ext warranties (like $2-3K) and keep them as contingency funds in case of expensive repairs - you actually come out ahead. I get it ext warranty is like having the peace of mind but at a cost...

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 White Premium AWD
17 Posts
I drive a lot of miles..so I did. 5 yr loan and mileage will be covered the life that i own it. If I didn't drive 20,000 miles a year than I would not have. Realistically I wont get rid of this car for 6-7 years.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
Extended warrantees not available in Thailand. If things start failing I just trade it in on a new model.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts