Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried to disable the heads up display using the proper method in the . Although the display turns off at the moment, as soon as I restart the car, the display turns back on. When I brought this up to a salesman I called he just told me to turn the angle of the display as far down as possible and dim the brightness down. That’s ridiculous because the disable function should stay off unless I reactivate it. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
112 Posts
No your not missing anything. it's like the iStop function which you have to turn off everytime you start the car. Which I normally forget to do until the engine turns off for the first time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No your not missing anything. it's like the iStop function which you have to turn off everytime you start the car. Which I normally forget to do until the engine turns off for the first time.
So you’re saying you can’t keep it disabled, but you have turn it off every time you start the car??

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
112 Posts
So you’re saying you can’t keep it disabled, but you have turn it off every time you start the car??
Yep as far as I know. Maybe someone on the forum knows different. Pain in the butt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don’t have it in my Mazda so I am a little clueless. But....

What is the problem with having the HUD?

Can you adjust the angle so it is out of view? (That would have worked in the old Mazda3 with the pop-up HUD.)

Can you cover the projector to block it?

Can you change the brightness to make it more bearable?

Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t have it in my Mazda so I am a little clueless. But....

What is the problem with having the HUD?

Can you adjust the angle so it is out of view? (That would have worked in the old Mazda3 with the pop-up HUD.)

Can you cover the projector to block it?

Can you change the brightness to make it more bearable?

Just some thoughts.
I dimmed the brightness to its maximum but it is still pretty visible. I tilted the angle down as far as it will go so it is less of a distraction, but still a distraction nonetheless. Mazda should not force the driver to deal with it each time the car starts up.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
223 Posts
I dimmed the brightness to its maximum but it is still pretty visible. I tilted the angle down as far as it will go so it is less of a distraction, but still a distraction nonetheless. Mazda should not force the driver to deal with it each time the car starts up.
Have you tried putting tape over the projector? My EZ pass fell there once and blocked the whole entire thing from showing 😅

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
51 Posts
Yeah, just place a piece of black bristol board or something over the projector (you can cut it large enough to wedge higher up in the hole if you're worried about heat).

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the best features of this vehicle👍
I agree (not having it in my current Mazda but it was in my 2015 Mazda3.

I suspect it is not appreciated by some due to eye focusing or distraction issues.

I also suspect Mazda never thought to have an option to turn it off permanently since the old system could be adjusted so it was not visible for a given driver.

When Mazda came out with the prior generation infotainment system, it was open source so people could customize stuff like this. I was able to use the touchscreen while driving in my 15 Mazda3 with a little self programming. They have blocked this type of self programming since then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts