Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have to admit it took me a little getting used to it as iv never had a vehicle with it before and well once I did I love it.. it's fantastic as you are able to keep our eyes up at the road and I never even look at the dash anymore 98 percent of the time.
After a few months of ownership and placing the HUD to the highest dim setting, tilting the function down as far as possible, along with wearing polarized sunglasses, I don’t really pay much attention to it. At night, however, it is still somewhat of a distraction, but not as annoying when I first drove the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you switch off the HUD and then program your remote to remember your seat setting it also remembers the HUD settings. Hope this helps.
Tried this. It will remember the tilt, brightness, etc. BUT it won't remember/save if you de-select the box entirely. So it's only a partial solve...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you switch off the HUD and then program your remote to remember your seat setting it also remembers the HUD settings. Hope this helps.
Tried this... it will only remember/save your settings for tilt, brightness, etc. It does NOT remember/save if you de-select the "active driving display" box. So only a partial solve. :cry:

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
26 Posts
I would have thought that this and other options we cannot permanently disable are all part of the safety credentials this car has earned. Not trying to be harsh but surely if this is so important, why did you go the cx30 after the test drive? HUD is a great feature and being used to it I find I am looking ‘thru’ it without even seeing it until I shift focus

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have thought that this and other options we cannot permanently disable are all part of the safety credentials this car has earned. Not trying to be harsh but surely if this is so important, why did you go the cx30 after the test drive? HUD is a great feature and being used to it I find I am looking ‘thru’ it without even seeing it until I shift focus
Sadly I was unaware until AFTER I’d leased the vehicle. When we were walking through the car before signing, the tech person told me I just had to uncheck the box in order to turn it off. Little did I know it resets every single time I turn on the car.

I went searching for answers and found this thread but it looks like it’s just not possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you read the post two above yours stating how to permanently disable it if you have the memory seat function? Asking for a freind.
Doesn’t work. I tried :( you can only program the brightness, tilt, etc. You can’t program the car to turn off the feature. You just have to deselect it every time you turn on the car.

·
Registered
2021 PP Turbo Polymetal Gray
27 Posts
One of the best features of this vehicle👍
Amen, AMEN, AMEN!

I love it. I dialed it down to the lowest position and I don't even notice it most of the time, but when I want to check my speed or other info, it's right there!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts