Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2020 CX-30 two weeks ago. So far I’ve had issues with the driver safety features that randomly turn off. (I think they fixed it) I also had a problem with the rear passenger air vents. They didn’t work. I only noticed it the day after I bought it because the kids were complaining of no air flow. I took it in and they told me that the factory didn’t have it installed properly. When I picked up the car, the rear panel of the console where the vents are wasn’t even fastened. I complained and they tried to clip it in but they couldn’t (not to mention the panel had been completely marred.) The ship told me that the vent hose presses against the panel and then collapses and pushes the panel backwards, not allowing it to fasten. They are ordering a new rear panel and vent and are saying that will fix the problem.
Has this problem occurred with anyone else? I have a few other problems with the car right now too. I bought it new (about 40 miles on it). I’m genuinely not happy with this car right now. It’s the first time I bought a brand new car fully loaded and it has already been in the shop for a week and not working right still.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
I bought a 2020 CX-30 two weeks ago. So far I’ve had issues with the driver safety features that randomly turn off. (I think they fixed it) I also had a problem with the rear passenger air vents. They didn’t work. I only noticed it the day after I bought it because the kids were complaining of no air flow. I took it in and they told me that the factory didn’t have it installed properly. When I picked up the car, the rear panel of the console where the vents are wasn’t even fastened. I complained and they tried to clip it in but they couldn’t (not to mention the panel had been completely marred.) The ship told me that the vent hose presses against the panel and then collapses and pushes the panel backwards, not allowing it to fasten. They are ordering a new rear panel and vent and are saying that will fix the problem.
Has this problem occurred with anyone else? I have a few other problems with the car right now too. I bought it new (about 40 miles on it). I’m genuinely not happy with this car right now. It’s the first time I bought a brand new car fully loaded and it has already been in the shop for a week and not working right still.
I'm really sorry that this has happened to you .. I. Been fairly lucky and have only had a couple very Minor issues but then again I'm very maticulous with my vehicles and the dealership was able to ressolve them. Iv had my CX 30 since February

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
802 Posts
sorry no problems with mine, works as it's suppose to. Sounds to me like the dealership did not do a very good job of the PDI which is designed to prevent all these kinds of problems.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
sorry no problems with mine, works as it's suppose to. Sounds to me like the dealership did not do a very good job of the PDI which is designed to prevent all these kinds of problems.

View attachment 998
Hey love the blue interior btw 🙂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually I do have the same problem and will bring it to the dealer in the coming weeks. I had a couple of minor issues, rear white paint too different (plastic item) from the metal ones, issues with the heating seats (dealer changed), door annoying rattles (dealer fixed the door strikers , solved), and now the rear vent. Must say it is quite a lot for a brand new car, albeit minor issues, however mazda still produces very reliable car, probably due to the fact that this is a new model and produced in a new reconfigured plant (mexico). The only brand where i had the feeling that the factory quality control was not satisfactory is range rover.... lets cross fingers, usually ownership can be spoiled in the few months after delivery (post factory fix), and then in the longer term depending on the reliability. Quite optimistic about the later

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quality control my friend. I worked as an AST at a dealership for over 12 years. When I took in a PDI vehicle the other guys laughed at me spending a whole hour on each one. I checked as much as possible for the time I was paid. You get a checklist of items to check. The other guys joked and made comments. I was told at some point: "You know you don't have to spend so much time on these brand new vehicles right?! We all spend a maximum of 45 minutes on any of them. Besides...what's going to be wrong on something that has less than 10 kms on it?!". I did find a few very minor things but never anything note worthy in 4 years of doing PDIs. It's that one pain in the ass vehicle that they didn't have time to deal with at the factory and no one said anything and just jammed things together. Making it now the owner's pain in the ass. That's how the car business works...pass the buck to the owner so maybe they pay for it. But in the end it's the plant producing that car which makes the manufacturer look bad for lazy quality control. I just picked up my 2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo and nothing found wrong with it. The local dealer and they're lazy service is my issue.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quality control my friend. I worked as an AST at a dealership for over 12 years. When I took in a PDI vehicle the other guys laughed at me spending a whole hour on each one. I checked as much as possible for the time I was paid. You get a checklist of items to check. The other guys joked and made comments. I was told at some point: "You know you don't have to spend so much time on these brand new vehicles right?! We all spend a maximum of 45 minutes on any of them. Besides...what's going to be wrong on something that has less than 10 kms on it?!". I did find a few very minor things but never anything note worthy in 4 years of doing PDIs. It's that one pain in the ass vehicle that they didn't have time to deal with at the factory and no one said anything and just jammed things together. Making it now the owner's pain in the ass. That's how the car business works...pass the buck to the owner so maybe they pay for it. But in the end it's the plant producing that car which makes the manufacturer look bad for lazy quality control. I just picked up my 2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo and nothing found wrong with it. The local dealer and they're lazy service is my issue.
Funny same here ... Iv worked in a dealership for a number of years and I have found small things from a very small dust nib in the paint on the roof towards th back and things like that .. most people don't notice these things but I did doing a new vehicle inspection and detailing right off the truck before passing it off to the tech to do the mechanical part of the PDI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts