Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how often, if at all you need to keep the reversing camera clean due to the elements?

In my current car (Golf 7) the camera is covered over by the boot badge handle until needed.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts
clean as required, not much good if you can't see things property - sorry but isn't that obvious?

I do agree that the VW the badge covering of the camera is better, but there is always a trade off of some features when you trade vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
112 Posts
If it's dirty clean it. Too bad it doesn't have a washer option.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
444 Posts
I wash mine once a week so to me its never been a issue so far.. will see in the winter time between washes once a week.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
56 Posts
Not quite as bad as the 2018 Mazda3 but still needs cleaning regularly if you drive on muddy roads. Not so bad on the pavement.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
60 Posts
I find it stays much cleaner than the one I had on my 2017 Honda CRV.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
47 Posts
I drove through some snowing areas at Yellowstone recently and it started building up around the camera. Also if you drive on a dirty road it will get covered easily. No big deal to clean it off. I only have one other vehicle with a back-up camera (Ford F150) and the camera is next to the tailgate release - I don't remember ever having to clean that camera other than during a normal trip to the car wash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I rarely go offroad except for some gravel roads, but I have not had to clean my camera. I do notice that water drops accumulate on the camera during rainy days and can reduce visibility until they dry or are wiped off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had to give mine a wipe on several occasions but I’ve got into the habit of looking at it whenever I open the tailgate, especially if I’d noticed it a bit hazy while reversing.
Never had a problem with the front one though, wherever that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts