Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all.

We have a Labrador retriever and wish to transport him in the back of the car. In our Mazda 2 he always has been transported on the rear seats.

I like to buy a cover for the trunk and a protection net. Does anyone has some good experience with it?

Thanks in advance

Andre

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
545 Posts
I have a small dog and put the rear seats down and use the latches behind the seat and/or hooks at each side of the trunk area to hold him in place.

Here is the rear cargo cover, which comes standard with all models in Canada.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
73 Posts
We have German Shepherds and prefer a hammock-style rear seat cover, like this: Dog Car Seat Cover

Along with that we also use rear door covers like this: Waterproof Door Covers

That way the backseat is fully protected. If your dogs are apt to climb over into the hatch area, I would definitely either have an OEM tonneau cover or a mesh barrier to keep them from crawling over. Something like this: Dog Barrier

There are also metal barriers that fit by applying pressure to the floor of the cargo area and the roof, but I don't like things that might mark up the headliner.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for your reply. The last option, will be the right one for us. We don't want the dog on the rear seats. I hoped someone had experience with a trunk cover which covers the whole trunk, sides and back from rear seats too. The hairs from our labrador are going into the material Mazda uses at the sides and back from the seats and they are hard to remove without damage the structure of the material.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts