Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium White
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an issue with my 2021 CX-30 Premium (non turbo). I have set the doors locks setting to lock all doors while driving, and unlocked all doors when parked. I noticed that you can open the front passenger and rear doors from the inside while driving. My nephew (5 yrs old) was sitting on a booster seat in the back seat and he opened the door while i was cruising on the highway. I freaked out. This was a non issue with my old 2017 CX-3. Anyone experiencing this issue? is this a software bug? what am i missing? Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 AWD Premium Mica Blue
9 Posts
I have an issue with my 2021 CX-30 Premium (non turbo). I have set the doors locks setting to lock all doors while driving, and unlocked all doors when parked. I noticed that you can open the front passenger and rear doors from the inside while driving. My nephew (5 yrs old) was sitting on a booster seat in the back seat and he opened the door when i was cruising on the highway. I freaked out. This was a non issue with my old 2017 CX-3. Anyone experiencing this issue? is this a software bug? what am i missing? Thank you!
Wow! That would be terrifying! I’ve had vehicles that could open from the inside when the doors were "locked". At least, the driver’s side door. I never tried the others. You can override that by activating the child door locks. Then the back doors can only be opened from the outside.
Here’s info from the manual:
Rear Door Child Safety Locks
Rear doors that have been locked using the child safety lock switched to the lock side cannot be opened from inside the vehicle.
For child safety, switch the child safety lock on both rear doors to the lock side.
When opening a rear door with the child safety lock switched to the lock side, pull the outer door handle with the lock knob inside the vehicle switched to the unlock side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! That would be terrifying! I’ve had vehicles that could open from the inside when the doors were "locked". At least, the driver’s side door. I never tried the others. You can override that by activating the child door locks. Then the back doors can only be opened from the outside.
Here’s info from the manual:
Rear Door Child Safety Locks
Rear doors that have been locked using the child safety lock switched to the lock side cannot be opened from inside the vehicle.
For child safety, switch the child safety lock on both rear doors to the lock side.
When opening a rear door with the child safety lock switched to the lock side, pull the outer door handle with the lock knob inside the vehicle switched to the unlock side.
Thank you Janet. I will activate the child lock that one door i have him sit next to. I was hoping for a software or setting solution since it's a pain when others adults sit in the back. I wonder if Mazda changed this.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
114 Posts
Thank you Janet. I will activate the child lock that one door i have him sit next to. I was hoping for a software or setting solution since it's a pain when others adults sit in the back. I wonder if Mazda changed this.
Not sure, if this helps, but I have a UK specification 2021 GT Sport tech with doors set to lock automatically while driving and unlock when ignition is off. I've just checked it and all doors are locked while driving. When stopped with engine running the driver's and front passenger doors can be opened from inside by pulling the handle, but the rear doors stay locked. You can still open rear doors with engine running by using door lock switch on the driver's door overriding automatic door locks setting. I don't have child locks engaged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure, if this helps, but I have a UK specification 2021 GT Sport tech with doors set to lock automatically while driving and unlock when ignition is off. I've just checked it and all doors are locked while driving. When stopped with engine running the driver's and front passenger doors can be opened from inside by pulling the handle, but the rear doors stay locked. You can still open rear doors with engine running by using door lock switch on the driver's door overriding automatic door locks setting. I don't have child locks engaged.
Thank you for the reply. I’m going to try the few options available in the menu and see if one of them works before I engage the child lock. I get the feeling it’s a software glitch with my car. Not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts