Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post from a new owner. Have a technical query about my Skyactiv-X GT Sport Tech.

Been watching the Energy Flow Monitor on & off for a couple of weeks now and noticed that the 6-bar battery icon never goes above 3 bars, is this normal?
Also, on another CX-30 which I test drove before getting mine, I’m sure I saw the wheels on the display turning backwards when it was doing its regenerative braking. Mine doesn’t do that.

Can anybody advise please.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
Hello, first post from a new owner. Have a technical query about my Skyactiv-X GT Sport Tech.

Been watching the Energy Flow Monitor on & off for a couple of weeks now and noticed that the 6-bar battery icon never goes above 3 bars, is this normal?
Also, on another CX-30 which I test drove before getting mine, I’m sure I saw the wheels on the display turning backwards when it was doing its regenerative braking. Mine doesn’t do that.

Can anybody advise please.
Hi
...I've had 6 bars a few times, but normally its starts at 3 and rises to 4/5.
It's all ablout driving style. smooth acceleration and use the engine to brake , usually harvest's the most energy..

when my son got his mazda 3 his was always on 1 or 0 bars as he had a bad habbit of coasting which never used the regen, his mpg was down as well, once he got his head around the engine/brake harvesting his mpg jumped and batteries are 3-5 bars
the flow is shown by flowing arrows and wheel turning on mine.

have you updated the infotainment firmware to 10047?
HiDrive
also check the tyres are at 37psi, alot have not been adjusted on the pdi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
...I've had 6 bars a few times, but normally its starts at 3 and rises to 4/5.
It's all ablout driving style. smooth acceleration and use the engine to brake , usually harvest's the most energy..

when my son got his mazda 3 his was always on 1 or 0 bars as he had a bad habbit of coasting which never used the regen, his mpg was down as well, once he got his head around the engine/brake harvesting his mpg jumped and batteries are 3-5 bars
the flow is shown by flowing arrows and wheel turning on mine.

have you updated the infotainment firmware to 10047?
HiDrive
also check the tyres are at 37psi, alot have not been adjusted on the pdi.
Thanks for that Steve.
Not sure What the difference is between coasting & using engine braking, unless you’re talking about having it in neutral or holding the clutch in on a manual. Does anyone do that?
Not sure about the infotainment update, how would I know? Only bought it 2 months ago, ex-demo from a main dealer, so I’d assume it was all up-to-date with all that. Likewise the tyre pressures but I’ll check them anyway.

·
Registered
366 Posts
See video for firmware settings..

If you're not getting speed camera alerts 99%sure you've not been upgraded to 10047 firmware

Yeah my lad had the habbit of coasting with the clutch pedal down.. god knows why🥴🙄

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 White Premium AWD
10 Posts
Anyone else notice their Energy Flow Monitor is gone? Not sure if Mazda pushed an update to my car, but it is no longer an option to view in the infotainment system.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone else notice their Energy Flow Monitor is gone? Not sure if Mazda pushed an update to my car, but it is no longer an option to view in the infotainment system.

Mine is still available....
5 bar's 👌😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, can Mazda ‘push’ updates out to our cars without any intervention or knowledge from us?
How would we ever know if they did?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 White Premium AWD
10 Posts
My understanding of them adding Wi-Fi to Mazdas was for that reason. They could push an entertainment update etc. so you wouldn't be forced to drive in to a dealer and have them do it. I read it somewhere as well but I do not remember where. I shall search......

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was JUST looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it. I normally don't use it so I thought I was forgetting where it was or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts