Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 SkyActive 2.5 Litre
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Canada and I'm having difficulty finding an air filter, not the cabin filter and not an OEM (which is priced at $43.25 Canadian at the Mazda Dealer), for our 2020 CX-30.
Does anybody know what company has these available?
OR
Does anybody know of one, made for a different model, that will fit the CX-30?
Thank you.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
300 Posts
I'm in Canada and I'm having difficulty finding an air filter, not the cabin filter and not an OEM (which is priced at $43.25 Canadian at the Mazda Dealer), for our 2020 CX-30.
Does anybody know what company has these available?
OR
Does anybody know of one, made for a different model, that will fit the CX-30?
Thank you.
Just looked up on Autozone…
STP Air Filter SA50079
$15.49

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
345 Posts
The engine air filter should last at least 48,000km (30,000 miles) and easily could last twice that long. Are you experiencing a problem that has you wanting to replace it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked up on Autozone…
STP Air Filter SA50079
$15.49
I'm not familiar with AutoZone. And I did not have any success with searched or local Part Retailers. Thank you.
The engine air filter should last at least 48,000km (30,000 miles) and easily could last twice that long. Are you experiencing a problem that has you wanting to replace it?
No, not any significant problems. I just thought it would be wise, for better mileage, if it is dirty. I have not checked it yet. Thank you for the information, I appreciate it

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
why not get it from the dealer and then you know it's correct? As we are not sure where in Canada your located (please fill out your location and what you are driving details, makes it easier on everyone)

Here's a link to the engine air filter at Scarboro Mazda, which shows it's compatible to quite a lot of Mazda models.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm not familiar with AutoZone. And I did not have any success with searched or local Part Retailers. Thank you.

No, not any significant problems. I just thought it would be wise, for better mileage, if it is dirty. I have not checked it yet. Thank you for the information, I appreciate it
This will come as a surprise to many who have never heard this before, but a dirty air filter will not hurt fuel economy. In fact, fuel economy actually increases, but you do lose maximum horsepower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why not get it from the dealer and then you know it's correct? As we are not sure where in Canada your located (please fill out your location and what you are driving details, makes it easier on everyone)

Here's a link to the engine air filter at Scarboro Mazda, which shows it's compatible to quite a lot of Mazda models.
Th
This will come as a surprise to many who have never heard this before, but a dirty air filter will not hurt fuel economy. In fact, fuel economy actually increases, but you do lose maximum horsepower.
OK, thank you for the information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thank you for your comment. I checked with our dealer in Edmonton. Their base price is $43.25. That is a little too rich for my wallet.
And you made a valid point, I will update my profile.

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
57 Posts
Another option is a K & N permanent washable filter. I have used these in all my past cars. They fit perfectly and because they are washable (which I do one a year), they will work better and save money in the long run. They DO NOT void any warranties either. I attach an enclosed sticker to my air box that says "alert...permanent filter" and the service guys just leave it be.

Price is comparable to stock, just buy a treatment kit from K & N that includes washing liquid and oil treatment to spray on cleaned filter. Easy... K & N Link

J.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did see another page for Mazda 3 that said filter is different for Japan built vs Mexican built. The link I just posted says for Mexican, so would support that as being the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for your comment. I checked with our dealer in Edmonton. Their base price is $43.25. That is a little too rich for my wallet.
And you made a valid point, I will update my profile.
BTW, I'm sorry but I don't know where to enter information relative to: "(please fill out your location and what you are driving details, makes it easier on everyone)".

·
Registered
345 Posts
Another option is a K & N permanent washable filter. I have used these in all my past cars. They fit perfectly and because they are washable (which I do one a year), they will work better and save money in the long run.
That's debatable. Using a scan tool capture some WOT (wide open throttle) accelerations allowing the car to shift from 1st to 2nd gear without lifting the throttle. The data you need is : Engine RPM, Calculated Engine Load, Absolute Engine Load, Intake manifold temperature, and the MAF (mass airflow) in grams per second. By limiting the data pids the scan tool will update quicker. Do this with the original stock filter, with a K&N filter, and an aftermarket filter. Post the results and see if any real difference was seen.

ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report (rubicon-trail.com)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
BTW, I'm sorry but I don't know where to enter information relative to: "(please fill out your location and what you are driving details, makes it easier on everyone)".
upper right (your avatar) which is Account details, click on that and go to Account settings and you can fill in your location and details of your vehicle.

I was at my local dealer today to get my one year service and asked about the cabin filter, they said $40, the engine air filter was $32.

Reactions: savcom

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
You should see that you have a private message from me that should help you with this. You can also see some guides to the forum in the Community Help section too. Let me know if you want any further info/guides done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.