Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I was wondering few things and read some opinions would be great.

I think it will be my 5th month with my cx30 soon and if i remember correctly my dealer told me that its better to come and change the oil in 6th month which i agree, i dont think its early to change. Also i can clearly see the oil color is getting darker.

Anyway... i really want to take care the engine well. So, last month i used full fuel system care which suppose to clean all full fuel system. Im also planning to do that with every oil change.

Now.. oil change is coming and i was thinking doing fuel flush when changing the oil at dealer. I know that at this stage probably engine doesnt need any flush... but like i said i really want to kerp it in good shape so again my plan is doing engine flush with every oil change..

Any suggestions would be great. Mostly im interested if this will damage the engine or not. Also i watched some youtube about this.. and it seems there are 2 ways of doing this:
1) put the engine flush... run the car 10min.. empty the oil, put oil and run another 15min.. empty it and put oil again.. change oil filter.. good to go.
2) put engine flush.. empty the oil.. put oil, change the oil filter.. good to go.

Now there is another thing my mechanic was doing. Drain the oil.. put some liquid (dont know what, always thought engine flush but i think it was white color liquid).. run the car 5min.. empty it... put oil, change the oil filter.. good to go.

Or this way is better than engine flush?

I also read some comments saying modern oils dont need any flush because they already chemicals to clean the engine and not making slugs... is this true? Which oil is that? Can use on cx30?

I never been to mazda service, this is my first mazda. Can anyone tell me hows the oil change at mazda service? Reading both Thailand and other owners experience would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
389 Posts
All that sounds like a bunch of different ways someone came up with to separate you from your money. I wouldn't do any of them. Just change the oil with best quality engine oil at the proper intervals and it should be good to go. Do all the various services at the intervals the owner's manual tells you to do them. If you do that, without doing all these other things, you should get 200,000 miles from your vehicle pretty easily.

I'm sure they especially suggest doing the one where you change the oil twice. Double the profit. Just follow the manual for extreme or harsh or heavy service or whatever they call it in your manual where you change oil sooner. You can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
209 Posts
I did my first oil change at 1600 miles. I never, with any car i have owned, gone over 2k miles for first oil change. I then follow manufacturer's recommended intervals. . Never had an oil related problem in any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Base
23 Posts
I did my first oil change at 1600 miles. I never, with any car i have owned, gone over 2k miles for first oil change. I then follow manufacturer's recommended intervals. . Never had an oil related problem in any of my vehicles.
Respectfully, I have never done this with any of my new vehicles and I have also never had any oil related problems in any of my vehicles. I followed the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and everything has worked out fine. I figure they know, because, well, they built it. In the vein of your logic, that is like stating "every time I need to melt an ice cube, I put it on the dining room table for 24 hours, and EVERY time I come back 24 hours later it has melted." Follow the data, follow the science, act accordingly.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
165 Posts
Absolutely not, do not have an engine flush performed. The easiest way to choose a product is to look for GM's Dexos1 label on the front of the bottle. The second way would be to look for ACEA C5 (formerly A1/B1) or ACEA A5/B5 on the back of the bottle.

As far as the oil getting dark, it's supposed to. The detergents and dispersants in the oil hold contaminants in suspension and as long as they do that the engine won't produce deposits that would need to be cleaned up in any fashion such as "a flush" or some type of a repair. To get that dexos1 license approval the oil has to have levels of detergents and dispersants (among other things) that exceed the minimal API and ILSAC standards.

One last thing about the dexos1 specification. That comes from GM's GEOS standard which stands for "Global Engine Oil Standard". That is something that has made it easier to identify the best product to choose because once you see all of the products that are approved, then you are free to choose any brand at the proper viscosity grade that you want within that group.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely not, do not have an engine flush performed. The easiest way to choose a product is to look for GM's Dexos1 label on the front of the bottle. The second way would be to look for ACEA C5 (formerly A1/B1) or ACEA A5/B5 on the back of the bottle.

As far as the oil getting dark, it's supposed to. The detergents and dispersants in the oil hold contaminants in suspension and as long as they do that the engine won't produce deposits that would need to be cleaned up in any fashion such as "a flush" or some type of a repair. To get that dexos1 license approval the oil has to have levels of detergents and dispersants (among other things) that exceed the minimal API and ILSAC standards.

One last thing about the dexos1 specification. That comes from GM's GEOS standard which stands for "Global Engine Oil Standard". That is something that has made it easier to identify the best product to choose because once you see all of the products that are approved, then you are free to choose any brand at the proper viscosity grade that you want within that group.
Thanks for the info. I will not perform flush... probably will not for next 3 or 4 years then. Thanx

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
165 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will not perform flush... probably will not for next 3 or 4 years then. Thanx
If you use the correct oils and service the car regularly as directed by the maintenance schedule you should never need to flush the engine.

FWIW I expect to break 400K with mine servicing it exactly as described.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts