Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX 30
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Mazda CX 30 for about 2 months and have just under 1,500 miles on it.

Today when I turned my car on, I received an engine malfunction notification - take to dealership (information details said to drive moderate speeds).

It didn’t go away after leaving the car on for 5+ minutes, or after turning the car on / off. The owners manual has no documentation around this message and I’m not finding much of anything online about this.

I made an appt to take to my dealer but I do not feel comfortable driving it there given the message and suggested moderate speed notification.

Thoughts on cause for the issue / suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
phone your local dealer and tell them your concerns and see what they suggest.

Reactions: Rdrokit

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
It happened to me a few months ago. I ignored it and it went away when I started it the next day, never to return

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
103 Posts
Get yourself an inexpensive OBDII port reader with a Bluetooth connection that will sync up with a phone app like Torque and then you can scan for any codes and see what the computer is throwing at you. You can also clear a code if it's not something vital and see if it returns.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
If the vehicle is under warranty.. why the hell fart around with shit ... Take it to the dealership... Standard obd2 reader can't do what Mazda's proprietary internal technicians software can do installed on the Tech's laptop.. no check engine light doesn't always mean no codes as the generic tool can only read at those codes and nothing detailed like the Mazda tech tool software can... Just putting that out there having worked in a Mazda dealership for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts