Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what oil grade the dealers use in the UK, or what oil is first used in the Skyactiv G engine. The choice is 0W/20 or 5W/30.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
Does anyone know what oil grade the dealers use in the UK, or what oil is first used in the Skyactiv G engine. The choice is 0W/20 or 5W/30.
It would be 0w-20 from the assembly line .. it also has to meet ilsac-Gf-5 specifications. Other then that .. that's it.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
63 Posts
My dealer says they use Mazda 5W/30 oil. They will use the synthetic 0W/20 oil if you pay more.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
My dealer says they use Mazda 5W/30 oil. They will use the synthetic 0W/20 oil if you pay more.
Hmm here in Canada it's ow20 full synthetic only.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. We get a choice in the UK which is why I asked the question. I think it is mandatory to use the 0W/20 in extremely cold climates.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thanks for your replies. We get a choice in the UK which is why I asked the question. I think it is mandatory to use the 0W/20 in extremely cold climates.
The last vehicle I had that took 5w 30 was a 2012 Nissan Sentra and i always used full synthetic in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts