Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone experience a situation where the engine sounds like it’s still on, even though the car itself is turned off?

EDIT: So after a bit of research, it seems to be a cooling fan or radiator fan - and Mazdas have a history of these fans turning on after the car is turned off to help cool the engine compartment. What nobody can agree on is whether this is normal.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
I have had Hondas that did that as well. Everything is working normally. There is nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
163 Posts
Anyone experience a situation where the engine sounds like it’s still on, even though the car itself is turned off?

EDIT: So after a bit of research, it seems to be a cooling fan or radiator fan - and Mazdas have a history of these fans turning on after the car is turned off to help cool the engine compartment. What nobody can agree on is whether this is normal.
The added info in your edit makes all the difference. I can't confirm mine does it as I haven't experienced it, yet. I have had some cars that would run the cooling fan after shut down and others that didn't. I suspect it is completely normal.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
My '84 VW Scirocco did that all the time but I haven't experienced it with the CX-30. But under the pandemic, I haven't driven it far or hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen for the first time since getting my CX30 last week after being stuck in traffic (in the Florida heat). When I got home and exited I thought I forgot to turn the car off. I figured it was some kind of cooling fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts