1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-3 2.0 AWD BVA 2017
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm french so my english is difficult.
I was fed up with this problem since I have this car (CX-3).
There is this problem on lot of Mazda between +/- 2000 and 3000 rpm.

The feeling on the pedal is unpleasant and could initially suggest a rotor problem.
I'm looking for a solution for long time and I'm happy to give this simple solution on the net for all Mazda consumers. It's eliminate this problem and vibrations become at least "normal"

problem :
The pedal is welded on a large axis. The axis vibrates "normally" but the pedal amplifies these vibrations because of an assembly which is not rigid enough via a simple welding and the cantilever of the pedal.

solution :
The idea is to stiffen the axle / pedal assembly so that it no longer vibrates and no longer amplifies the vibrations of its axis.
2 bolts of 8 mm welded together and correctly tightened are enough to stiffen the axle and the pedal and to suppress the excessive vibrations.
The assembly is completely invisible since it is behind the pedal and only takes a few minutes to set up.
No modification of the pedal is necessary and is completely reversible in a few seconds.

Before :

After :

·
Registered
Mazda CX-3 2.0 AWD BVA 2017
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is because I had this problem for a very long time on my CX-3 which spoiled me the pleasure of driving that I looked for informations on the net and that I read on different forums peoples complaining about the same on various Mazda models (including CX-30) that I posted here the solution that I ended up finding lately after seeing isolate where the problem came from. Maybe Mazda ended up doing something on the most recent models.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I applaud your efforts, @Flannel and this thread should be in the modifications section.

Please take a moment and update your profile. This helps you if you ask questions about your car and helps others know what car you have so they can give you the best answer. Complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 model, engine and year.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
Let me know if you need any help.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Hi,
Ok it's done for my account.
I don't know how to change section of this thread. You are administrator, perhaps you could do that ?
Thank you. I've moved the thread as discussed. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T Premium
38 Posts
The vibration you feel in the brake pedal - I'm guessing you're referring to when the car downshifts while braking?

I may be totally off base, but is it not normal to have feedback in the brake pedal, especially when downshifting through the torquiest section of the power band? If you're manually shifting the car, I've found it to be quite helpful in the shift points considering the low RPM power bands most modern Mazda's thrive at.

I could be totally wrong and it may be an issue, or maybe simply personal preference, but I have always actually kind of appreciated the slight downshift vibration as it hits the low end torque band.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.