Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@stavb , If you follow the update procedure the toolbox will recognize there are updated maps. However, I see on my EU card there seem to be no Cyprus maps on the card at all. I guess you have a very limited map set which might not have been updated. Anyway, for my country the website also says November 2020 are the latest. Which they are not.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they are. Unfortunately the updated maps are always still at least half a year old. Look at website picture you posted. That says Q2 2020 for the maps from November 2020, you now have Q4 2020 maps.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech, Soul Crystal Red, 2020 reg
102 Posts
It took me a while to break away from the new-fangled built-in satnav that came with my (almost new) GT Sport Tech but, having now made the switch to Waze & Android Auto, I’ve never looked back.
Don’t think I’ll be bothering with the Toolbox update.
I don’t really miss the HUD map display either.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech, Soul Crystal Red, 2020 reg
102 Posts
Having said that, I came unstuck with Waze earlier this week when returning to my car after parking in the Forest of Dean and couldn’t get any signal at all. Waze doesn’t work without it. The built-in satnav got me back to my hotel without a glitch.
I’ve also had my Android Auto drop out on me a few times mid-route. Undocking/re-docking the phone is all that’s needed to get it back, but sometimes it’s not safe to do that.
So it’s probably a good idea to keep the built-in satnav updated, even if only as a backup.

·
Registered
92 Posts
After downloading the new Mazda update toolbox, it took two attempts to start the back-up download/update procedure (first time it froze) Took two hours to finish, now installed in car no problems(y):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.