Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Identifies itself as an October 2019 update but does contain newer maps. Still half year behind with Q2 2020 data though.

So start your Toolbox and be patient during download, very patient...;)

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
27 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this, I updated earlier today and it seemed like a lifetime to do. It did state the update is November 2020.
I also noticed if you do a back up and find the folder via explorer, you can copy this onto a 32GB card and carry out the latest update on this, which allows you to keep a spare for any future needs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I downloaded the toolbox but it does not seem to recognise my Memory Card. Does it have to be a Mazda memory card?

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the right toolbox version for your Connect II system? Mazda There is a seperate one for the old Connect as found in the current CX5, CX3 and 2014-2018 Mazda3 (BM/BN)

·
Registered
25 Posts
started my update at 1pm, 30 mins later im at 3% lol, my sister has a 2016 CX5 which is no longer eligible for updates, does anyone know if there is a way to update ?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
19 Posts
Just tried updating to the latest set of maps, only to receive an error message stating there is insufficient room. I thought the update would overwrite the existing/old map? Am I wrong? Am I supposed to clear the memory card first? Thx

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
40 Posts
No, you don’t touch the card other than take it out of the car, plug it into a card reader and put it back into the car. The toolkit makes a backup of the current version first (in case something bad happens) then installs the new maps onto the Mazda branded card so I’m unsure why you’re having this issue. Is it definitely the original Mazda card and you’re running the latest version of the toolkit?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
19 Posts
No, you don’t touch the card other than take it out of the car, plug it into a card reader and put it back into the car. The toolkit makes a backup of the current version first (in case something bad happens) then installs the new maps onto the Mazda branded card so I’m unsure why you’re having this issue. Is it definitely the original Mazda card and you’re running the latest version of the toolkit?
Thanks for the reply Habu, yes it's the original Mazda card that came with the vehicle and I only just installed the Toolbox application. I read the FAQ and Mazda said if this happens run the windows "Error checking" tool (right click on the drive). This found and fixed errors and then the updated successfully installed :)

Any chance the next time you are in your CX-30 you could take a picture of the info page, just to confirm the version number? Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts