Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been 3 weeks since I've used my car , thought id take her for a run this morning, after struggling to get in it for 20 mins ( frozen solid with ice and snow )
did a 5 mile run with the mirrors folded in as they were frozen, it was -3 at 6am but the exterior temp reading said different, just been back out in daylight, now -1 and the reading says its alot warmer ?????

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
Yes - I noticed my door mirrors stayed frozen shut last time I used it. We'd had a lot of rain recently so I suspect the water had puddled somewhere and then frozen. I exercised the mirrors briefly and both freed themselves quickly.

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - I noticed my door mirrors stayed frozen shut last time I used it. We'd had a lot of rain recently so I suspect the water had puddled somewhere and then frozen. I exercised the mirrors briefly and both freed themselves quickly.
Passenger side freed off about an hour later, drivers took longer lol. ive set the switch to keep closed for now to avoid problems on unlocking the car, still puzzled as to why the temp reading thought it was 10 degrees or so warmer though 🤷‍♂️ Not going back out to re try as its a blizzard outside at the mo lmfao

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Passenger side freed off about an hour later, drivers took longer lol. ive set the switch to keep closed for now to avoid problems on unlocking the car, still puzzled as to why the temp reading thought it was 10 degrees or so warmer though 🤷‍♂️ Not going back out to re try as its a blizzard outside at the mo lmfao
Yes - that is odd. I'd expect the external temperature to register a little higher than it really is if (say) the car was warm and had been standing for a while - but not quite by 10°C.I supposed it depends on where the sensor is on the car.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - that is odd. I'd expect the external temperature to register a little higher than it really is if (say) the car was warm and had been standing for a while - but not quite by 10°C.I supposed it depends on where the sensor is on the car.
First opportunity to get to car, its reading correctly now lol

·
Administrator
270 Posts
I've not been near mine for over a week. Not sure when I'll be using it next to be honest.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
24 Posts
Mine does the same after parking warm. Takes about 3 minutes driving to show the right temperature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. If I drive it in the morning it reads higher temperatures later in the day. In the mornings I get accurate readings. I sort of decided not to worry about it. Probably has something to do with the placement of the thermometer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine froze recently so I've resorted to turn off the auto closing when locked and just leave them out so I don't get pulled over

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
my exterior temperature reading seems to be pretty accurate. Not sure exactly where the sensor is actually located however, but I guess with a bit of checking I could but will wait for the warmer weather to do things like that 😊

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
my exterior temperature reading seems to be pretty accurate. Not sure exactly where the sensor is actually located however, but I guess with a bit of checking I could but will wait for the warmer weather to do things like that 😊
I agree with your accuracy comment👍

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
79 Posts
I have had a brand new Mondeo. Those excellent Ford engineers thought it was a very good idea to have the temp sensor very near the engine in the engine bay.... :eek:. That was modified very quickly though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts