Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what an extra 2 button key fob costs? I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket remote start system but it evidently needs one of my key fobs to work.

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
16 Posts
Don't know the cost of a new fob...BUT if you install the MyMazda App on your phone, you can start your car remotely with it...you already have that option

Here's a link to all you need

I have an android phone (Moto) and can start my car (in garage) from my house...

Hope this helps.

J.

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
62 Posts
I just looked at the site and saw the following notice:
  • Due to the termination of the 3G network by multiple carriers, our mobile-app-based remote engine start system will cease to function after September 30, 2021. We regret any inconvenience that this might cause you.

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
16 Posts
  • Due to the termination of the 3G network by multiple carriers, our mobile-app-based remote engine start system will cease to function after September 30, 2021. We regret any inconvenience that this might cause you.
well...that sucks...at least I have a few months left, not that I use it much. Thx

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well...that sucks...at least I have a few months left, not that I use it much. Thx
Don't know the cost of a new fob...BUT if you install the MyMazda App on your phone, you can start your car remotely with it...you already have that option

Here's a link to all you need

I have an android phone (Moto) and can start my car (in garage) from my house...

Hope this helps.

J.
Thanks JohnnieDR for the idea but I guess it's coming to an end. Also don't think we even have the option in Canada. Appreciate your reply though.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
99 Posts
I believe a new key fob is around $400. At least that's what my dealer told me when they tried to upsell an additional warranty.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
Anyone know what an extra 2 button key fob costs? I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket remote start system but it evidently needs one of my key fobs to work.
I guess it’s in the $300CAD...I have an aftermarket remote start installed in my Mazda 3 and that cost $799 (i-data start brand, installation included and 3K ft range) as I believe dealer had to use another fob key/chip to bypass the module and for programming. My previous remote starters in my other Mazdas only cost $599-650 (compustar) but that was with the older gen type of keyfobs.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium, Polymetal Grey
3 Posts
This is for the earlier version of the Mazda application, the CX-30 uses the 4G based Connected Services system and is not affected by this. You get 3 years of this service included with the car for free.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
81 Posts
This is for the earlier version of the Mazda application, the CX-30 uses the 4G based Connected Services system and is not affected by this. You get 3 years of this service included with the car for free.
Any idea what Mazda charges for Connected Services after the 3 yr. term? I still have 2 yrs remaining on mine, but if the cost is too high, I'll drop it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium, Polymetal Grey
3 Posts
Any idea what Mazda charges for Connected Services after the 3 yr. term? I still have 2 yrs remaining on mine, but if the cost is too high, I'll drop it.
Not yet, I am in the same boat, car is 13 months old and I am wondering what the charge will be.
We also have a 2020 Kia Soul Turbo, they want $300 per year for a similar service (and only gave 1 year free), at that price it isn’t worth it.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
81 Posts
Not yet, I am in the same boat, car is 13 months old and I am wondering what the charge will be.
We also have a 2020 Kia Soul Turbo, they want $300 per year for a similar service (and only gave 1 year free), at that price it isn’t worth it.
I've found their App (Mazda) for Connected Services pretty unreliable: tire pressure readings are scattershot, for example. It would have to be a 'nominal fee' to justify renewal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts