Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Factory Offset

15K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  somers 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the factory Offset on the 18inch wheels?

Have never purchased winter wheels and tires before. Was wondering if 48 offset is going to work or not... That is the only size steel wheel tire rack has.

#2 ·
Factory 18" wheel is 18 x 7, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, 67.1 hub bore, and a 45mm offset.

Keep in mind that the more positive the offset, the further inboard the wheel will sit, since the mounting face already starts outside the centreline of the wheel, and offset measures that distance from that face to wheel centre. As such, with a 48mm offset, the wheel will sit 3mm further inboard.

#9 ·
A 225/65R17 has an overall diameter of 28.5", while the stock 215/55R18 tires are 27.3". Unfortunately, that represents a 4.4% increase, which is well out of the recommended maximum deviation of +/-3%. If you want to keep the CX-5 17" wheels and put new winter tires on them (and sell the old ones), I would recommend a 215/60R17, which is only a 0.4% decrease from OEM, and lots of popular winter tires are available in that size.

#16 ·
ARTIC HOUND
The big problem with tires here in Bermuda is the national legal Speed Limit is 35 K or or 21.747 M.P.H been that way since the horse and buggy days unless you fed you gee gee high octain water.

In reality every body temps fate and mostly all here drives at just under 50 k or 31.068 M .P. H . and gets away with it .

Hey ! don't laugh that is not that funny, its painfull .

Do 60 K or 37.282 M.P.H. and you are on your way to the cemetary bypassing the K.C.H. Kangaroo Court House.

Over there, its a different story I have driven in all of your your countries where you need proper wheels and proper tires for 70 M.P.H. and do 80 mph when no one is watching , and you have to break at that speed also .

While watching adds on your T.V. So ! be very carefull what you choose for tires and on what you fit them.

#17 ·
ARCTIC HOUND
Sir, if you can find my last post please ignore it as i mis ~ quoted the tire , can i say sorry and move on .
`
I was thinking if the tire was not available we are done for please ignore the mitchelin ' 235 50 /18 Pilot sport which need an 8 '' some thing rim
i am thinking that we have to forget over size tires for the OEM :::: Mazda rim. 18" x 7" rim
Here we go i think got one from Tire Rack
I have found a Mitchelin tire it is the Defender T+H All season
The tire specs are rim width range 6" - 7.5"
measured rim 7 "
over all diameter 27.3 "

Donald

#18 ·
BIG TIRES.
All you have to do is lay a drop cloth on the ground just behind the rear 215 x 50 x 18 tire , get down and look at it up close and personal .that tire is not as small as you might think. now get up and walk away every thing gets smaller like the town clock and your check book ... I wonder how many people install 235 tires drive around the block and take them off .
I would not dare you to do 80 mph
We don't read about that one, do we?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.