Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda cx30 machine grey premium fwd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there’s already a thread about the creaking issue some of us are experiencing. Just wanted to share my story and get some advices. Long story short, my car has the creaking issue bought in April brought it in for the issue on 7/30. Dealer tried to fix it but couldn’t. Sent the car off to their authorized body shop for the first time. Issue still exists after body shops first fix. It was sent back for a second attempt still no luck after. So all in all 3 attempts had been made. I haven’t seen the car since I dropped it off. They did give me a loaner. On 8/25 Got a call from the service advisor stating that the only way to fix the issue is to cut and reweld part of the chassis apparently some part of the chassis is rubbing against each other. He then told me to contact Mazda Corp if I don’t want to cut the chassis and see if they can give me a replacement vehicle. I called Mazda on the same day and looked like the dealer has been sending them details of the issue all along. But they still are awaiting decisions from their higher up. It’s a been another 2-3 weeks of going back and forth with Mazda. They keep insisting I need to give them an opportunity to fix the car. I had repeatedly told them the dealer had already tried 3 times. At this point, I’m frustrated and I don’t understand how a new car would need chassis cutting/welding and how that would play out long term. I talked to the service advisor about other legal actions he mentioned that Mazda might say there’s a fix but it’s just me wouldn’t take it as a reason to deny. So I’m here to get you guys input on this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
146 Posts
My first Mazda buddy, I am so sorry to hear this news! 3 times without a proper fix to mean they don't know how to fix it correctly. Who is to say that cutting it and rewelding will work either?
I think you are in a tough situation because Mazda has the power here. I don't know much about these types of laws but even if you were to go against them it would be simply very hard to beat them unless you can prove the car is unsafe with the creaking.
I am in the same situation as you. First Mazda and creaking since day one. I have 4500 miles on mine and thought it creaks it has not performed any less than a perfect one would have. I have driven other cx30s without the creak and it feels the same.
For now my dealership has agreed that there is a creak and running of parts but they do not know how to fix it either.
For all of us work this issue I think the best possible scenario would be for Mazda to come up with a solution and offer it to dealerships for fixing our vehicles.
Other than that I personally am trying to be patient without getting angry at anyone, while still keeping an eye on this issue. I obviously don't want to wait until something bad happens, however as you see Mazda isn't able to do anything.
If you want to be the guinea pig for all and be the first to have his/her car under the knife and perform what sounds like a very serious surgery, then I hope all works out for you and I am wishing you the best and all the luck. To me it sounds dangerous and I too agree that it is ridiculous that a new car should have to have this done. That is simply crazy!
I honestly now even think this rubbing of parts could be leading to the other issues I have having such as the vibrations and the jerkiness and the rough acceleration, etc. I think I have said enough. For a new car this is not right, it's too many problems.
I hope someone else has some better advice for you but if I were you I wouldn't want to do it. If you can stay put and wait it out a bit, unless the creaking is actually causing other problems that you know are related, then wait. If not, then perhaps it's time to day goodbye to the car and try to get a new one.
The good news is, you actually have had Mazda strike out 3 times of fixing it, so you might be in for a lemon under the lemon law. That might be in your advantage! Look into it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Should we sign a petition? All us on here that have this issue plus other we can find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I filed a complaint thru BBB auto line since Mazda reps been giving run arounds. They have shown no signs of urgency in terms of solving this issue I had to call in numerous times with numerous promised turn around time. Every time they said they gonna call me it ended me calling them for updates. I like Mazda and the car in general but this kind of service is making it really hard for me to stick with them. Even the SA said if you weld this side the other side might start making noise.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I filed a complaint thru BBB auto line since Mazda reps been giving run arounds. They have shown no signs of urgency in terms of solving this issue I had to call in numerous times with numerous promised turn around time. Every time they said they gonna call me it ended me calling them for updates. I like Mazda and the car in general but this kind of service is making it really hard for me to stick with them. Even the SA said if you weld this side the other side might start making noise.
This makes me really sad! I too really like this car and this is just the icing on the cake. It's not acceptable.
I would suggest you also post a complaint with CarComplaints.com | Car Problems, Car Complaints, & Repair/Recall Information
I like their site and they cover all brands.
At this point I am going to be patient and consider getting a warranty expansion before the factory one ends. This car might be short lived for me before I change to something else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mazda offered to refund or replacement car however the replacement car will be priced as msrp. I got mine for 27000 and the one they have is 31000 msrp. They offered to pay 1500 cause all they have is awd which means I need to pay about 3k. I’m still debating which route to go.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
123 Posts
You didn't say where this sound appears to be coming from. I recall a creaking, or popping noise in some Chevy Trailblazers that came from the cowl area. You would have to see for yourself what I am going to describe but there were three (possibly 4) pieces of metal that joined on the drivers side and in some vehicles there was enough body flex that two of them would touch and make a noise over bumps. While this had no impact on the road worthiness of the vehicle it was a very annoying sound. Fixing it required gaining access to the area in question and either spot-welding the layers together, boding them with structural adhesive, or in some cases simply pushing the offenders apart so they could flex without touching. I suspect this is a similar kind of issue, and it's not something that technicians would likely be able to see because it's probably enclosed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mazda offered to refund or replacement car however the replacement car will be priced as msrp. I got mine for 27000 and the one they have is 31000 msrp. They offered to pay 1500 cause all they have is awd which means I need to pay about 3k. I’m still debating which route to go.
It sounds like the winner here would be Mazda. They will take your vehicle, resell it at same or higher price, while putting you in a more expensive vehicle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You didn't say where this sound appears to be coming from. I recall a creaking, or popping noise in some Chevy Trailblazers that came from the cowl area. You would have to see for yourself what I am going to describe but there were three (possibly 4) pieces of metal that joined on the drivers side and in some vehicles there was enough body flex that two of them would touch and make a noise over bumps. While this had no impact on the road worthiness of the vehicle it was a very annoying sound. Fixing it required gaining access to the area in question and either spot-welding the layers together, boding them with structural adhesive, or in some cases simply pushing the offenders apart so they could flex without touching. I suspect this is a similar kind of issue, and it's not something that technicians would likely be able to see because it's probably enclosed.
Hi John,

From what you know about the issues with the Trailblazer's, are you saying that the creaking did not impact or could have any impact that compromised the safety or performance of the vehicle?
I too have this issue and while I haven't seen any issues or compromise with the vehicle, like you said it's still an annoying sounds and sounds bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what the SA told me they have to cut off a piece of metal to get thru and figure out what’s causing it. But I never agreed to cut it so we never found out what’s really causing it. At this point, I’m more leaning toward just returning the car and buy something else. Looks like I’m gonna change my username to my last Mazda

·
Registered
146 Posts
From what the SA told me they have to cut off a piece of metal to get thru and figure out what’s causing it. But I never agreed to cut it so we never found out what’s really causing it. At this point, I’m more leaning toward just returning the car and buy something else. Looks like I’m gonna change my username to my last Mazda
Do what's best for you! I am glad that at the least Mazda has agreed to help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts