Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice a very faint rattle type sound when going slow coming from the driver's side area of the car? It's hard to describe and honestly probably not worth even looking into. It's done this from day one but I'm starting to get the urge to fix it. If I have the window down and I come to a stop I hear it. I may take the splash guard off this weekend and see if anything is loose.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
396 Posts
Does anyone notice a very faint rattle type sound when going slow coming from the driver's side area of the car? It's hard to describe and honestly probably not worth even looking into. It's done this from day one but I'm starting to get the urge to fix it. If I have the window down and I come to a stop I hear it. I may take the splash guard off this weekend and see if anything is loose.
Iv had the same exact thing as you since I took delivery of mine in February.. to me it seems like a blendor vent or something rattling inside the dash over sharp sudden bumps and rattling around sounds like something with the climate control blendor vent.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice it too when I come to a stop sometimes and I'm going slow. When I'm driving normal speed, it can be hard to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing my best to ignore it lol. These things can be a PITA to identify.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I notice it too when I come to a stop sometimes and I'm going slow. When I'm driving normal speed, it can be hard to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing my best to ignore it lol. These things can be a PITA to identify.
Lol at first I thought it was something I had inside the vehicle so I emptied it out down to nothing and went for a drive and at that bump at the end of my street I heard it still so same I just shrugged it off and though ah it's a lease and iv got full warranty so as long as things work no point in getting th dealership to tear things appart as hell only knows what could go wrong with electrical things etc so best to leave it I thought.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
The only faint rattle I hear is coming from the air vents when I have auto AC on.

Can only hear it if the car is silent , no radio or music turned on, etc.

sounds like someone flipping through sheets of steel slowly.

It’s a very faint sound. Thought I was hearing things at first.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The only faint rattle I hear is coming from the air vents when I have auto AC on.

Can only hear it if the car is silent , no radio or music turned on, etc.

sounds like someone flipping through sheets of steel slowly.

It’s a very faint sound. Thought I was hearing things at first.
Pretty much the same thing for me as it seems to be the exact sound I'm getting at too.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
42 Posts
In EU we have a TSI/TSI for this, I think this your issue. Test your German language knowledge with the attachment if this is the same. I can't upload the sound sample, that's not allowed here. The bulletin only mentions Japan production VIN's however and NA only has Mexico build cars I think. Has to do with the rubber bearings in the springs which have been modified. Although my car is in the VIN/production range I am not hearing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get any dealer here in the U.S. to look into this at this point. Thank you though Ronnie for providing that PDF.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So I brought it up to my dealership as it's going to have to go in anyway for a new Radar sensor and new front wheel and the recalls. so they think it might be the windshield projection screen as they have come across the same sort of thing on the CX 5 and CX 3 and so they will have a look into it and I Guess will see lol . It's not a big problem like the other two things are are driving me crazy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So after the recall fix (caliper/fuel tank) I'm still getting this noise, which I expected as both don't relate to this noise (although the caliper could have). Dealer tech could not replicate it. Not surprised. It's not that loud but still annoying. I wish I could hear what the sound is that they are referring to in that PDF.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So after the recall fix (caliper/fuel tank) I'm still getting this noise, which I expected as both don't relate to this noise (although the caliper could have). Dealer tech could not replicate it. Not surprised. It's not that loud but still annoying. I wish I could hear what the sound is that they are referring to in that PDF.
Alright so I have noticed that it happens between speeds of 20-40 km/h after iv done some exsperimentation... It isn't there at higher speeds and I don't know if you have noticed the same but I will be very specific to my dealership when I bring it up as iv learned in the past when I had my pos Nissan Qashqai/Rouge Sport as I had a very horrible creaking noise at 20,000 km on the odometer.. after going into the dealership 12 Times yes I said it right no exsaderation.. 12 Times they finally figured it out and had to order both front struts and that fixed it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made an appointment to bring the car in next Monday so they can check it out. I really think what Ronnie posted is my issue. It's a matter of getting them to replicate it. I'd go with them for the drive but I'm not sure what the Covid policy is.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I made an appointment to bring the car in next Monday so they can check it out. I really think what Ronnie posted is my issue. It's a matter of getting them to replicate it. I'd go with them for the drive but I'm not sure what the Covid policy is.
have you tried at the speeds i said? if it is really noticeable then i would tell your dealership the speed you hear it most at as it will really help them in resolving the issue as i said in my previous post where i went into some good detail.....
I was a service advisor for Nissan for 5 years and for a couple other car companies after that such as Toyota. so i can tell you all the tips and tricks to help you out as a customer and being specific is with allot of details is one to start so if you can narrow down at what speed its the loudest at it really might help you out and save you allot of time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks I appreciate it. I basically told them in the note when booking the appointment online that it was at a very slow speed. I'll provide them with more information when I see them. It's one of those things that when the air condition is on or radio you don't hear it and all is well. But when it's not it drives me crazy lol.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. I basically told them in the note when booking the appointment online that it was at a very slow speed. I'll provide them with more information when I see them. It's one of those things that when the air condition is on or radio you don't hear it and all is well. But when it's not it drives me crazy lol.
to me it sounds like two plastic flaps slapping against each other under vibrations and jolting around from bumps and i really can hear it at 35-45 kmh and it isnt there at higher speeds as all this week iv been trying different things with mine as there are a few things that have to be done to mine when its in the shop. Recalls , new radar sensesor and a new front passenger wheel as the paint is lifting for no reason caused by me other wise it would be all the rims lol but its all good cus its all warrenty work and at the same time they are looking into the the rattleing noise that we are hearing and i told them what speeds its at so they are going to try it out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is under 10mph. When turning the wheel, going slow. Not necessarily bumps either just flat road. When coming to a stop too. Weird.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine is under 10mph. When turning the wheel, going slow. Not necessarily bumps either just flat road. When coming to a stop too. Weird.
hmm interesting .. mine is only over bumps. I know there is another thread related to any body not having any issues and i do want to say tho as long as the issues aren't related to failure of suspension components drive train or engine i Will definatly lease another cx 30 as i love the driving dynamics of the vehicle and the transmission feels great so what im getting at is that thread feels like its targeting people just complaining to just complain but in our case and in my case with my promlems im not complaining as both my issues have been verified with mazda warrenty claim and have been approved so just complainers wont get warranty work approved lol and i rest my case haha

·
Registered
396 Posts
update on the issue.. so i dropped off my cx-30 for the day today at the dealership and the issue is allot better now to almost where its barely noticeable and they found the issue to be the small change / storage area on the far left drivers side by your knee and they lined the top of it just above the latch to make a more snug fit as it had some very small vibration play over bumps

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this ended up going away on its own. Was never able to identify it, but it is no longer an issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts