Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a video of a CX 30 being refuelled with the journalist leaving the filler cap dangling down.

Is there a location inside the filler flap where the cap can be parked?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
758 Posts
of course :D

Reactions: icebun

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having issues getting the filler cap to slot in the holder and STAY THERE. I never had that issue on my other cars and its quite baffling how it doesn't seem to snugly fit into that "cup". Any tips?

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
92 Posts
I'm having issues getting the filler cap to slot in the holder and STAY THERE. I never had that issue on my other cars and its quite baffling how it doesn't seem to snugly fit into that "cup". Any tips?
You need to make sure that the threads on the barrel are rotated so they are down - if they are up the smooth section will be down and the cap will fall out of the holder. The threads in the down position hold the cap to the holder. Here are some pics...

Above is the thread I'm talking about.

Above is with the smooth side down. You want that smooth side on the up side when it's in the holder.

Above is how you need the thread so it holds the cap in the holder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks 🙏

I was just having a look at it 20 mins ago and you’re right. It’s the screw threads that hold it on, I guess it could be better designed or more thoughtless. However, it’s user error on my part, just gotta make it a habit to turn it before I slot it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts