Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen a designated thread for updating the firmware for Mazda connect systems. I read about it elsewhere but was unsuccessful in doing the update. Has anyone gave it a try? I'm currently running version 10048.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
192 Posts
I have not looked specifically, but the software should update automatically.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep I read up on that on another form probably from the same guy. Trying to update to 11002 the same Link in files you just posted above I was unsuccessful. The system didn't recognize any KWI files on the USB. I will give it another fresh try later on this morning.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
43 Posts
Yep, ASH8 is active on several Mazda fora. Try with another stick, FAT 32 formatted and not NTFS!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Ronnie!! I will post my update once I try another stick later on today 💋💋

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried two different USB stick and was successfully able to update to NA 11002 😃.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet. I do have a changelog of what's supposed to be fixed. I'm about to take my car for a drive in a bit I'll post an update. What I was hoping for is the radio to show the next street, as it used to in my cx-3.. without having to go to the actual navigation

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not yet. I do have a changelog of what's supposed to be fixed. I'm about to take my car for a drive in a bit I'll post an update. What I was hoping for is the radio to show the next street, as it used to in my cx-3.. without having to go to the actual navigation
This is great. Can you upload the procedures too? I could not read the ones the other guy posted.

Are you going to pursue the PCM update ad well?

·
Registered
192 Posts
PCM is the Powertrain Control Module. I guess there is a PCM update available that helps smooth out some of the transmission issues that many of us have been experiencing...in turn making the tranny "smoother" in nature. I have a text in to my dealer about this.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will definitely be looking into that☝🏻☝🏼☝🏽☝🏾☝🏿

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
51 Posts
Regarding these software/ firmware updates --- shouldn't this be something that the dealership/service dept. be responsible for performing during routine servicing of the vehicle? Has anyone made that request at their dealership?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You would imagine that would be the case, however dealerships do not like to do software updates for some reason and will only do it normally if you are experiencing a known issue with your vehicle.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
404 Posts
Regarding these software/ firmware updates --- shouldn't this be something that the dealership/service dept. be responsible for performing during routine servicing of the vehicle? Has anyone made that request at their dealership?
I did yesterday and they applied the PCM update during the 8k inspection service and I do notice a difference and iv been watching the cylinder deactivation screen under the energy flow montier while driving and it seems to work better at lower and higher speeds and as well the transmission is allot smoother.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a way to tell which version PCM you are currently on? I wanna know if mine is up to date.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is there a way to tell which version PCM you are currently on? I wanna know if mine is up to date.
Unfortunately that is proprietary Mazda software that only the dealerships have on the technicians laptop that plugs into the OBD-ll port on the vehicle and there for the dealership has to apply any software updates to the PCM.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
51 Posts
Unfortunately that is proprietary Mazda software that only the dealerships have on the technicians laptop that plugs into the OBD-ll port on the vehicle and there for the dealership has to apply any software updates to the PCM.
That's very useful info, thanks 'Detailcarguy'. I'm scheduled for an oil change in two weeks, I'll ask the Mazda Service tech about updating the PCM. Only hope the U.S.A. dealerships are as accommodating as your Canadian dealership.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That's very useful info, thanks 'Detailcarguy'. I'm scheduled for an oil change in two weeks, I'll ask the Mazda Service tech about updating the PCM. Only hope the U.S.A. dealerships are as accommodating as your Canadian dealership.
Not a problem and I guess I'm lucky in the aspects that the iv worked for the dealership and left on very good terms and they also sell Nissan and that's what I came from after owning two so they are very good to me and I hope you have a good experience with getting software updates at your dealership.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts