Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
🕺🕺🕺 Whoohoo 😀
I didn't brick it .. amazingly haha I couldn't image trying to explain why the cmcu is broken lol I'm already getting a new steering wheel and radar sensor under warranty lol all not cheep parts and labour.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I may bring this discussion back to firmware updates - I’ve successfully updated the firmware on a U.K. CX-30 to 10047 , but (as forewarned by the update instructions) the microphone has stopped working. Has anyone else encountered this?

I’m contemplating just disconnecting the battery for a while once I find the correct wrench.
Hello, how did you update the firmware? Did you have to go to a dealership?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did my update this afternoon to our cx30 and my son's Mazda3. .. happened to both cars . I disconnected the negative battery terminal, 10mm socket. for a couple of seconds... On my son's Mazda3 we just locked the car and went back 5 minutes later and the microphone was working...
Take a look at the speed camera alert thread..

Hope this helps
Steve, how did you update the firmware? Did you have to go to a dealership?

I thought they could only update themselves when they had their own internet like in the US.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Steve, how did you update the firmware? Did you have to go to a dealership?

I thought they could only update themselves when they had their own internet like in the US.
[/QUOTE
just follow the instructions. make sure you use the corrrcet firmware for your country
HiDrive

·
Registered
47 Posts
just follow the instructions. make sure you use the corrrcet firmware for your country
HiDrive
Oh brilliant. My car delayed due to Covid so I am all up on the Theory for all the different countries. Wasn't sure if we could do it here in UK without going into dealership! Thank you Steve

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Oh brilliant. My car delayed due to Covid so I am all up on the Theory for all the different countries. Wasn't sure if we could do it here in UK without going into dealership! Thank you Steve
its a ten minute job, but if the car hasn't been picked up yet make sure the update is done at the pdi.... its needed as it adds the speed camera alerts...
enjoy

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
115 Posts
New CMU firmware (12002, updated from 10048) was updated on my CX-30 today. The only difference I’ve noticed so far is that when “Favorites” are brought up in the display with the Favorite shortcut button below the volume knob and you select a “Favorite”, the Favorite selection screen remains on the screen instead of changing to the Music screen, with your chosen Favorite being played and displayed. The benefit is that you can “easily“ change which Favorite to play with fewer steps. Just highlight your next Favorite choice and select it. You can jump back and forth between Favorite choices. You can touch the “Music” shortcut button at any time to bring the current Music screen up on the screen.

What prompted this update is that I had been experiencing a very intermittent issue with my phone not connecting through CarPlay (definitely not a USB cable issue) over the last three months. The other day it did it again. I methodically troubleshot the issue this time and found that when using the front USB port, my phone wouldn’t recognize it was connected in any way (Three different known good cables tried). When connected through the center storage USB port, the phone would be recognized in terms of it starting to charge it’s battery and a message came up in the Infotainment screen, “Unable to connect to Apple CarPlay”.

I tried connecting my phone multiple times (and with 3 different cables) and the results were the same. I tried rebooting my phone, turning the car off and back on (including opening and closing the driver’s door) with no change in symptoms. At this point, I continued my drive and about 15 minutes later I stopped at a store for about 10 minutes (car doors locked). Unlocked car, started car, connected my phone to the front USB port with the original USB cable and every thing worked normally again. It then continued to work over two days and trips totally 200 miles. This has been my experience about three times over the last three months.

I mentioned this to the technician at my dealer today when I brought my car in for a scheduled oil change. He told me he could find no definitive information but that there was new firmware (12002) which he downloaded into my car.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
10 Posts
New CMU firmware (12002, updated from 10048) was updated on my CX-30 today. The only difference I’ve noticed so far is that when “Favorites” are brought up in the display with the Favorite shortcut button below the volume knob and you select a “Favorite”, the Favorite selection screen remains on the screen instead of changing to the Music screen, with your chosen Favorite being played and displayed. The benefit is that you can “easily“ change which Favorite to play with fewer steps. Just highlight your next Favorite choice and select it. You can jump back and forth between Favorite choices. You can touch the “Music” shortcut button at any time to bring the current Music screen up on the screen.

What prompted this update is that I had been experiencing a very intermittent issue with my phone not connecting through CarPlay (definitely not a USB cable issue) over the last three months. The other day it did it again. I methodically troubleshot the issue this time and found that when using the front USB port, my phone wouldn’t recognize it was connected in any way (Three different known good cables tried). When connected through the center storage USB port, the phone would be recognized in terms of it starting to charge it’s battery and a message came up in the Infotainment screen, “Unable to connect to Apple CarPlay”.

I tried connecting my phone multiple times (and with 3 different cables) and the results were the same. I tried rebooting my phone, turning the car off and back on (including opening and closing the driver’s door) with no change in symptoms. At this point, I continued my drive and about 15 minutes later I stopped at a store for about 10 minutes (car doors locked). Unlocked car, started car, connected my phone to the front USB port with the original USB cable and every thing worked normally again. It then continued to work over two days and trips totally 200 miles. This has been my experience about three times over the last three months.

I mentioned this to the technician at my dealer today when I brought my car in for a scheduled oil change. He told me he could find no definitive information but that there was new firmware (12002) which he downloaded into my car.

View attachment 1700
Did you have to add this yourself or does it load on its own?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you have to add this yourself or does it load on its own?
It was done by the dealer technician. He did mention using a USB memory stick as mentioned in other threads here for those who want to try to do it themselves. The firmware is a newer level than anything I could find being mentioned on this forum or the Mazda 3 forums.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD 2021 CX-30 GS FWD
91 Posts
I did mine this morning from a USB stick I borrowed from a technician. I was told that there are different updates for turbo cars ---the files for the turbo cars will not load on normally aspirated cars.
The only visible difference appears to be the Gracenote database version.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did mine this morning from a USB stick I borrowed from a technician. I was told that there are different updates for turbo cars ---the files for the turbo cars will not load on normally aspirated cars.
The only visible difference appears to be the Gracenote database version. View attachment 1711
The Gracenote database file can be downloaded from the Mazda web site and updates using a USB drive and the regular menu on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Preferred
13 Posts
Nope not yet 😔. I wish someone would Mod the new 7th Gen system like they did on previous MZD connect.
I believe the 7th gen system is based on android, as when I was poking around the diagnostic screens I saw references to AOSP, android open source. Will probably take some more poking then normal as I'm sure panasonic has the new system locked down tight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I noticed another change after my CMU was updated to 12002. Previously with version 10048, when you used Apple Maps, Waze or Google Maps in CarPlay with a trip in progress, the speed limits would stop displaying in the HUD (again this would only happen only with an active route being used, not with the app(s) running with no active navigation route being set in the app). With 12002, the speed limit continues do display in the HUD even with an active navigation route in progress with any of the CarPlay apps.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT in Polymetal Gray Metallic
5 Posts
While my car was at the dealer yesterday having the 3 recalls done I also asked them to upgrade my mazda connect as it was also on 10048. Thankfully they got it up to the latest version (12002) and I also noticed the 2 changes Zico mentioned, both good changes! I wonder if anything else has changed under the hood so to speak.

(I'm hoping this fixes a issue where my phone doesn't connect properly back to bluetooth mode after it has been plugged in for android auto)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know if this is where to post, but had the liftgate recalls checked out two days ago (negative), along with 7K mi. service. Of note on the paperwork: "SSPC4 CX-30 Bose speaker noise... Audio amplifier software update by USB..." along with some numbers gobbledy-****. Is it me, or does good source material (lossless Tidal and Qobuz) sound a bit "cleaner?" Anyway, happy to have something "fixed" that I didn't think was broken (low expectations from Bose, sorry).

PS: Also interesting they had to LOOK for something to fix (audio) since, not kidding, we couldn't think of ANYTHING that was amiss on the car that would be needed to be repaired under warranty.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts