Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT in Polymetal Gray Metallic
5 Posts
Don't know if this is where to post, but had the liftgate recalls checked out two days ago (negative), along with 7K mi. service. Of note on the paperwork: "SSPC4 CX-30 Bose speaker noise... Audio amplifier software update by USB..." along with some numbers gobbledy-****. Is it me, or does good source material (lossless Tidal and Qobuz) sound a bit "cleaner?" Anyway, happy to have something "fixed" that I didn't think was broken (low expectations from Bose, sorry).

PS: Also interesting they had to LOOK for something to fix (audio) since, not kidding, we couldn't think of ANYTHING that was amiss on the car that would be needed to be repaired under warranty.
this didn't effect my car with Bose speakers but apparently some of them were getting a bizarre buzzing noise when nothing was playing and this was the fix. The fix was applied to all cars with bose speakers regardless so happy to know it won't happen in the future.

I think the speakers sound pretty good to be honest!

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
Don't know if this is where to post, but had the liftgate recalls checked out two days ago (negative), along with 7K mi. service. Of note on the paperwork: "SSPC4 CX-30 Bose speaker noise... Audio amplifier software update by USB..." along with some numbers gobbledy-****. Is it me, or does good source material (lossless Tidal and Qobuz) sound a bit "cleaner?" Anyway, happy to have something "fixed" that I didn't think was broken (low expectations from Bose, sorry).

PS: Also interesting they had to LOOK for something to fix (audio) since, not kidding, we couldn't think of ANYTHING that was amiss on the car that would be needed to be repaired under warranty.
I thought it was just me .. but the sub seems to be a little more responsive and little bit improved sound quality wise.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
I thought it was just me .. but the sub seems to be a little more responsive and little bit improved sound quality wise.
I agree with you. The updates have helped. The sound seems a little clearer and better defined (and I have reset it to my preferred settings).

Going on a longer journey soon, so we'll see how the MRCC has altered too.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
I agree with you. The updates have helped. The sound seems a little clearer and better defined (and I have reset it to my preferred settings).

Going on a longer journey soon, so we'll see how the MRCC has altered too.
the radar cruse has really improved... it no longer slams the brakes on... before if someone merged in front it would break way to hard and person behind you would think you are tying to break check them... Now it is smooth and soft on the breaks to bring you to your set following distance which on mine is set to max furthest distance to prevent stone chips. I hated how it would slam the breaks in and the stop and go feature is much better too more smooth lateral breaking rather then hard and fast slowing down,, not good for traffic behind.. but now its natural as if it is me stopping from a distance slowly.

·
Administrator
746 Posts
the radar cruse has really improved... it no longer slams the brakes on... before if someone merged in front it would break way to hard and person behind you would think you are tying to break check them... Now it is smooth and soft on the breaks to bring you to your set following distance which on mine is set to max furthest distance to prevent stone chips. I hated how it would slam the breaks in and the stop and go feature is much better too more smooth lateral breaking rather then hard and fast slowing down,, not good for traffic behind.. but now its natural as if it is me stopping from a distance slowly.
That's very good to hear (y). I was always anxiously watching how close the car behind was when cruising - not what was envisaged by a 'cruise control' I'm sure. :D

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury Package
38 Posts
The Connect II Firmware update files in HiDrive are no longer available. Could anyone please share the new location of the files.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury Package
38 Posts
😃 Notice any changes with the update? I have yet to do mine yet for the new release.
I have not used it much after the update. Not sure what changed. I do see a change with favourites where when a station is selected it stays in favourites rather than going to the radio.
I am waiting for the change log too.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
44 Posts
Are you saying this happened due to the gracenote update?

If so, that is reason for me to do this. All my electronics function fine in the car, but I would appreciate a little less aggressive cruise braking in not emergency situations.

·
Administrator
746 Posts
Are you saying this happened due to the gracenote update?

If so, that is reason for me to do this. All my electronics function fine in the car, but I would appreciate a little less aggressive cruise braking in not emergency situations.
I very much doubt it. The CX-30 has been the subject of a dealer-only upgrade of the engine firmware that governs the MRCC. There is no way a user-installed upgrade of Gracenote would update the engine firmware at the same time. The two systems are rightly kept very, very separate.

Reactions: Leroy

·
Administrator
746 Posts
@Leroy - have you had the two updates SSPC4 and SSPC5 applied to your CX30? Check with your VIN on this site:

If not, perhaps have a word with your Mazda dealer. There's a lot of info here too:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to find the new firmware so I can get carplay/android auto installed on my 2020 base sport cx30. I think I will absolutely need updated firmware first though. All the links I've seen thus far are dead, does anyone have any fairly recent firmware version they can upload and share with newer CX-30 owners? You'd be a hero!

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Hello
Look at this attachment....

Please what is the latest firmware version for a 2020 Mazda CX30 2.0 Skyactiv-G 122 M-Hybrid. (Europe)
Thank you.
I don't know about European market cars. I barely know about mine for that matter. Hopefully someone will be along who can better assist you. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus soul red
17 Posts
Got my car in august and it came with firmware version 11018. I’m assuming the dealer made sure all software was up to date before giving me the car however I see some of you had installed a 12002 firmware version. Not sure where to find it or if it’s applicable to all cx30 (turbos and non turbos). Is there any site where I can view and download this version and is it also applicable to North American CX30’s.

Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Computer Font

81 - 100 of 101 Posts