Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now completed my first few longer distance drives and have had a chance to get to know some more features about the car - and, as you'd expect, I have a couple of questions:
  • I am presuming the brake lights go on when the car actually brakes under MRCC ... 😳 Can anyone confirm this?
  • Is there a way to reduce the severity of the braking of the car when someone pulls out or slows in front? I've found how to change the distance between cars, but no way to adjust the braking parameters and the car brakes more severely than I would in the same situation.
  • Is it me or is the cruise control speed setting switch finickity?
Other than this the car performed very well and returned between 46 and 49mpg on all four trips, so well impressed. My wife found it so comfortable she fell asleep (very rare with her...) I'm also starting to get used to where the power is so I can better judge for overtaking - this car is a little slower than the car it replaced 😉 😇

Reactions: Thomas D

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
1 Yes
2 No. I have found that a PCM update on my G122 makes it a bit more smooth though.
3 If you mean the on/of switch position is not always remembered after a new start, yes, but there is a VCM update which fixed that.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Ronnie

2 No. I have found that a PCM update on my G122 makes it a bit more smooth though.
3 If you mean the on/of switch position is not always remembered after a new start, yes, but there is a VCM update which fixed that.
I'll speak with my local dealer about this. Do you have a reference for the updates?

Cheers

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
148 Posts
The cruise control issue has been discussed here Cruise Control de-activating The updated VCM software has version DFR5-66S01-J. For PCM there are all different versions for G or X engine and 2FWD or AWD drivetrain and AT or manual. Basically if your dealer is willing to update without a TSI or recall campaign from Mazda his software will show whether or not there are updates for that specific module if the car is hooked to his laptop and he selects the module. Most are not willing unfortunatey as they can't charge local Mazda distributor for the time. I had to change to a certified Mazda workshop and it was done during 1st inspection. Twelve modules had updates, I was sitting next to the mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.