Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 2.5 S CE AWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the CX-30 on its first road trip. We drove from Cape Cod to Pemi Shores Cottages which is in the Central New Hampshire area ( not far from Lake Winnipesaukee). The car did great. Mileage averaged middle 30s. Transmission kept searching for gears in hill country. Funny thing to note, on the way up past Manchester I heard a ding different than the blind spot tone. I was looking at a raven so didn’t see what it was. Was about 2 hours into our 3 hour 200 mile trek. On the way back it did it again after about two hours of driving. The car was telling me to pull over and take a break 😆.

PS. Highly recommend Pemi Shore cottages if you are looking for a nice quiet getaway. Right on a secluded portion of a river that becomes the Merrimack.
Water Water resources Sky Plant Natural landscape

Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
I just got back from a 4500 km to PEI. Enjoyable trip, the vehicle was flawless and got great fuel economy. One of the many lighthouses on the island. It was also my first major road trip since purchasing the vehicle two years ago.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
crossing the Confederation Bridge - an engineering marvel!

Water Sky Vehicle Car Street light

Water Sky Girder bridge Horizon Waterway

·
Registered
2022 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD (Polymetal Gray)
61 Posts
We did an epic road trip in my 911 back in 2019 which included PEI. We had a great time. Here is a thread on it, which includes some great pics. That is a beautiful area for sure!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
we took the CAT ferry from Bar Harbor, Maine to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and also took the ferry to PEI, returning via the bridge.
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Lake

this is aboard the Holiday Island ferry to PEI
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Reactions: MetalFin

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a kick out of the fact that the bridge crossing into PEI is Free....but it costs $50 to cross it leaving PEI. They've got you at that point.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
234 Posts
Last time I took a nice long, extended road trip was back in 2010 when I relocated from Atlanta, GA to Phoenix, AZ in my 5-MT Honda Accord Sedan. Just myself & my cat (who lived to be 22 years old) on the open road, happily single & free. Good times. I can't even imagine going back to a regular, lower-height sedan/hatch again though at this point. I'm pretty sold on smaller Crossovers now as my vehicle preference. I've been meaning to take a road trip to just get away for a while, & hopefully will do it this fall or next spring.

Reactions: MetalFin

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am from northern NJ, I plan from the last days of this month and all of September (about 5 weeks) to do a 'bucket list' item of driving across the USA and back. My planned route will have a stop at Indiana Dunes National Park (NP), into southern Wisconsin, Minneapolis MN area, to SW South Dakota (Badlands - last there in 1982), Rocky Mountain NP, Gunninson NP, several of the National Parks in Utah, to Las Vegas, baby, to LA via Death Valley, to LA, then to Joshua Tree NP, Tuscon, AZ and Sugarro NP, to New Mexico (Santa Fe, Albuquerque) through northern TX, parts of OK, parts of the Ozark region of Missouri then dash back home via St. Louis. I expect to drive about 8000-9000 miles, I will get an oil change and tire rotation before I go (my CX-30 will have about 11,000 on it and I expect to change the oil along the way at a dealer when gets to about 17,000 miles). I always wanted to do it, I am retired, 67 year old, travel alone so enough room in the cargo area with the back seats up I figure for the stuff I will need. My only wish is that I could get better highway mileage (EPA and my experience so far is 30 MPG 90% highway driving situations, less when suburban mix driving. I hope to give you a report when it is done.
Before I go, do any of you have any ideas as to in particular in driving a CX-30 Select with AWD on long trips ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am from northern NJ, I plan from the last days of this month and all of September (about 5 weeks) to do a 'bucket list' item of driving across the USA and back. My planned route will have a stop at Indiana Dunes National Park (NP), into southern Wisconsin, Minneapolis MN area, to SW South Dakota (Badlands - last there in 1982), Rocky Mountain NP, Gunninson NP, several of the National Parks in Utah, to Las Vegas, baby, to LA via Death Valley, to LA, then to Joshua Tree NP, Tuscon, AZ and Sugarro NP, to New Mexico (Santa Fe, Albuquerque) through northern TX, parts of OK, parts of the Ozark region of Missouri then dash back home via St. Louis. I expect to drive about 8000-9000 miles, I will get an oil change and tire rotation before I go (my CX-30 will have about 11,000 on it and I expect to change the oil along the way at a dealer when gets to about 17,000 miles). I always wanted to do it, I am retired, 67 year old, travel alone so enough room in the cargo area with the back seats up I figure for the stuff I will need. My only wish is that I could get better highway mileage (EPA and my experience so far is 30 MPG 90% highway driving situations, less when suburban mix driving. I hope to give you a report when it is done.
Before I go, do any of you have any ideas as to in particular in driving a CX-30 Select with AWD on long trips ?
Sounds epic. Be sure to post about it as you travel, or at least upon your return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts