Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15 years with my trusty Toyota Matrix, I'm taking a leap of faith on a new CX-30 GT. I pick it up tonight and I'm pretty damn excited

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
congrats, where in Southern Ontario (add it to your location, Ontario is a big province)? I'm in southeastern Ontario

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stoney Creek here.
Which colour have you gone with?
Soul Red Cx30 GT Here.
Youre going to love your new Mazda.
I went with the Deep Crystal Blue Mica with white interior. Apparently, my tastes are peculiar because it was the only one available in Canada with white leather :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Wayne43 It was a few things, actually. Firstly, it's the same form factor as my old Toyota Matrix. It's the perfect size car for me. I looked long and hard at other manufacturers and none of them had that perfect in-between size anymore. I seriously considered the Corolla Hatchback but it was a bit too small. Mazda has a good record for reliability and I had almost bought a CX-5 a few years ago. All that in combination ruled basically everything else out :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
@Wayne43 It was a few things, actually. Firstly, it's the same form factor as my old Toyota Matrix. It's the perfect size car for me. I looked long and hard at other manufacturers and none of them had that perfect in-between size anymore. I seriously considered the Corolla Hatchback but it was a bit too small. Mazda has a good record for reliability and I had almost bought a CX-5 a few years ago. All that in combination ruled basically everything else out :)
Along with reliability Mazda's build quality is much better than the Corolla's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Plus, at least for now, you won't see yourself at every other stop light. Agreed on the Matrix. ...Rented one on assignment in New Mexico a few years ago. Amazing car...nice ride, outside visibility and (no kidding) tapped the instrument cluster to see if the fuel gauge was working...great economy! If I'd have needed a car then, well take my money!

Times change and was pretty set on a CX-5 as a replacement for my '03 Saab 9-5 ARC wagon (saloon in UK?), based on renting a '17 Model 3 in NZ. What a hoot! Kodo indeed!

Test drove a '5 last week. OK, but that wide A pillar and somewhat disconnected road feel...Hmmm... Then drove the '30...9 miles on the odo. Dirty but do-able with care.

My out-loud reaction when driving with my spouse? "This car should NOT be handling so well!" Torque vectoring is the "killer app" in this car if you drive on any roads with curves at speed (and in North Carolina, there aren't many straight country roads, or speed limits for that matter). Spouse usually reaches for the grab handle on open road curves...not now.

Cheers to worthy to successors of our beloved older cars!

AG1

·
Registered
23 Posts
<<My out-loud reaction when driving with my spouse? >>

PS: Now owner of the '20 CX-30 "out loud" drive in penultimate paragraph....The true Goldilocks of CUV's. Pics and intro when finally detailed... AG1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts