Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Hatchback 2.0 E-skyactiv G Mhev Se-Lux 5Dr Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CX30 is just 2 months old and the reversing camera as suddenly got the appearance of a fish eye lens. I can even see the number plate.
Any suggestions please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know if the camera function changes with trim level but have you checked out the function of the "View" button? - below right hand dash air vent. With reverse engaged it toggles between a rear view and a wider angle rear view

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
@Shearzy - Welcome to CX30Talk from Wiltshire.

You should consider posting an introduction here so we can welcome you properly. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'. If you're wondering what to say, take a look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if the camera function changes with trim level but have you checked out the function of the "View" button? - below right hand dash air vent. With reverse engaged it toggles between a rear view and a wider angle rear view
[/Q
Thanks PeterK, I had look this morning and cannot locate a toggle switch. The UK model must be different. I have booked a slot at the dealership for next Monday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
@Shearzy So it looks like someone has thought the camera was the tailgate release button and pushed it up into the body. I wasn't sure but thought the only difference with the camera and trim levels was the addition of wing mirror cameras for 360 degree view.
I presume you have a blanking plate here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Shearzy So it looks like someone has thought the camera was the tailgate release button and pushed it up into the body. I wasn't sure but thought the only difference with the camera and trim levels was the addition of wing mirror cameras for 360 degree view.
I presume you have a blanking plate here?
Yes you're correct about the blanking plate but the camera is very solid. IMG20210504124005.jpg IMG20210504123922.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts