Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Select
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try one of these? Seems pretty awesome if easy to install as it seems.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
Wish dashcams were standard & integrated into the dash tablet-screen. Seems like a better (& more useful) feature than things like lane-keeping assist & such (which is only useful to bad/distracted drivers).

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Select
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish dashcams were standard & integrated into the dash tablet-screen. Seems like a better (& more useful) feature than things like lane-keeping assist & such (which is only useful to bad/distracted drivers).
100% agree. would be so easy and cheap (for manufacturer) I saw in my research that Toyota makes integrated cam for certain models.

Personally a dash cam has saved me a lot of aggravation in two accidents that were not my fault.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
81 Posts
I think it looks nice if you're looking for something that blends in well. But it is overpriced for what it is.

I don't have personal experience with this, but you can get a feel for what others think based on Amazon reviews for the brand.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Select
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Feedback seems iffy for what I know I can get outside of integrated.

Here's the Toyota brand....just FYI.....$300....

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
81 Posts
Mikstore has what looks like the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's all the same stuff you can find on AliExpress.

·
Registered
2022 CX30 AWD Premium non-turbo
6 Posts
Hey @key4871, I just installed this camera from Fitcamx this past month. I purchased the kit with the 4k front camera and the 1080p rear camera. They ask if you have a sunroof on your vehicle so as to provide you with the correct harness to connect the unit to power either from the sunroof or from the front left pillar harness. Since my car has a sunroof I can only speak to that installation. The installation of the harness and removal of the factory casing for the new provided casing that houses the camera was very simple. It looks clean and my front sunshield still fits perfectly because it doesn't change the dimensions of the existing casing. Even with it being an easy installation some aspects are not as straight forward but it's easy enough looking at their videos provided of other installations. The app works ok so far. Only once has it been finicky after using it every week. It records in 1-3min intervals onto a provided 64GB chip. You can use up to a 128GB chip. Shipping was fast I received mine about 10 days after I purchased it and was well packaged. I can post picture quality of the video if you want. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like me to try anything out or film the setup in the vehicle.

For this installation, I also took advantage of taking apart the mirror housing and just replaced the stock rearview mirror with the OEM homelink auto mirror as I found it on sale online. I really like the look of both.

I would agree with most folks saying that it is a bit pricy but honestly the clean look that allows it to appear as if that way from the factory is worth it. It suits my purposes.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
Considering how delicate batteries are in newer tech-bloated vehicles these days to excessive vamperic draw and/or dying prematurely, I would be scared to install any aftermarket electronics. My 2020 TNGA Corolla SE sedan went through 3 new Toyota batteries in less than 2 years / 9000 miles (one of several problems that vehicle had that Toyota couldn't seem to figure out). So glad that I finally ditched that car, even though it was still pretty new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey @key4871, I just installed this camera from Fitcamx this past month. I purchased the kit with the 4k front camera and the 1080p rear camera. They ask if you have a sunroof on your vehicle so as to provide you with the correct harness to connect the unit to power either from the sunroof or from the front left pillar harness. Since my car has a sunroof I can only speak to that installation. The installation of the harness and removal of the factory casing for the new provided casing that houses the camera was very simple. It looks clean and my front sunshield still fits perfectly because it doesn't change the dimensions of the existing casing. Even with it being an easy installation some aspects are not as straight forward but it's easy enough looking at their videos provided of other installations. The app works ok so far. Only once has it been finicky after using it every week. It records in 1-3min intervals onto a provided 64GB chip. You can use up to a 128GB chip. Shipping was fast I received mine about 10 days after I purchased it and was well packaged. I can post picture quality of the video if you want. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like me to try anything out or film the setup in the vehicle.

For this installation, I also took advantage of taking apart the mirror housing and just replaced the stock rearview mirror with the OEM homelink auto mirror as I found it on sale online. I really like the look of both.

I would agree with most folks saying that it is a bit pricy but honestly the clean look that allows it to appear as if that way from the factory is worth it. It suits my purposes.

Hi there,

So now that you have had the Fitcamx for a bit, how do you like it? I have had a dash cam in my cars for 5yrs+ and I just picked up my new CX30 yesterday and I want a dash cam. Today, a lady pulled straight out in front of me (on a isolated stretch of road), I guarantee you she would have proclaimed her innocence had we collided. I REALLY miss my cam!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts