Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just wanted to share a detailing tip of my knowlage to fix say scratches on the center console by the cup holders on the carbon fiber as mine from normal Wear and tear developed some scratches and being a detailer my self it bothered me.
So I thought hey let me try some light abrasive Polish I would use to fix scratches.. and well what do you know it looks allot better 🙂 just takes a little time and patience 😉 here are the results and product I used.

just take a dime size amount onto a clean micro fiber and with medium pressure work the polish in with a back and forth motion over the scratches and wipe with a clean side when hazed over and repeat till you remove the light- medium scratches.
i took the before pic half way through so sorry if you cant see the worst of the scratches but the end ressult as you can see is very nice.

Hope this helps out cheers :)

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
163 Posts
I have been using automotive paint polishes on plastics for years. Headlights, taillights, and interior pieces. If the scratching is bad enough, you can wet sand the scratches to a consistent haze, then polish.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been using automotive paint polishes on plastics for years. Headlights, taillights, and interior pieces. If the scratching is bad enough, you can wet sand the scratches to a consistent haze, then polish.
I have as well through my detailing career so I thought I would share to help others as I have come across posts of scratches on the gauge cluster cover and thought i would share a easy effective fix.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 GT DCBlue w/Gyeon Syncro Ceramic Coat + PPF
15 Posts
Just had my GT in for XPEL PPF on the whole front end - decided to get the door and centre console piano black covered as well with the film. Self heals from scuffs! Worth the money, especially after what my 2015 3 looks like now. Being a very obsessive detailer, I didn't feel like having to take out the polish for the trim in the future.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had my GT in for XPEL PPF on the whole front end - decided to get the door and centre console piano black covered as well with the film. Self heals from scuffs! Worth the money, especially after what my 2015 3 looks like now. Being a very obsessive detailer, I didn't feel like having to take out the polish for the trim in the future.
I was going to PPF but didn't want to go to all the extra trouble as I leased mine and I'm really good with that kind of stuff and decided to ceramic coat it when I got mine but PPF is a really good way to protect things and yah if I brought mine I would do both ceramic coating and PPF 🙂 see allot of people aren't so obsessed like we are and so 70% of people fit into the category of they don't really wash their vehicle regularly and so it's why I made this post in order to help the average person who doesn't know about what PPF is or ceramic coating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was going to PPF but didn't want to go to all the extra trouble as I leased mine and I'm really good with that kind of stuff and decided to ceramic coat it when I got mine but PPF is a really good way to protect things and yah if I brought mine I would do both ceramic coating and PPF 🙂 see allot of people aren't so obsessed like we are and so 70% of people fit into the category of they don't really wash their vehicle regularly and so it's why I made this post in order to help the average person who doesn't know about what PPF is or ceramic coating.
True, lots of people will never care unfortunately! Your method is definitely a good compromise between both spectrums!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What people don't understand is how fragile all the water based vehicle paint is now as due to VOCs solvant based cannot be used anymore.. and lack of what I call just regular maintenance just like a oil change properly hand washing the paint is so important if you want it to last and don't want clear coat failure etc but like I said there is the 70 percent of the population who don't know how important washing your vehicle is weekly with proper wash methods and don't get me started on what I call the swirl mark wash lol aka "automatic car washes" if you like dull shitty looking paint work with fading then go for it hahah eventually it's going to eat away through the micron thickness clear coat 😋 lol oh well keeps me in business haha

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, lots of people will never care unfortunately! Your method is definitely a good compromise between both spectrums!!
Also btw please share some pics of the deep cristal blue with the ceramic coating and PPF 😁 Im deciding on colors for my next lease lol and I like blue but the silver on mine with the ceramic coating is pretty sharp looking to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also btw please share some pics of the deep cristal blue with the ceramic coating and PPF 😁 Im deciding on colors for my next lease lol and I like blue but the silver on mine with the ceramic coating is pretty sharp looking to me.
as you saw in the picture thread, they're there.
What coating do you have on yours?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
93 Posts
I use the Griots Ceramic Wax on mine. It works great for a product that is ceramic infused and inexpensive compared to the other products. The car is very slick and the water beading is great. Everyone who sees it asked what ceramic coating did I use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use the Griots Ceramic Wax on mine. It works great for a product that is ceramic infused and inexpensive compared to the other products. The car is very slick and the water beading is great. Everyone who sees it asked what ceramic coating did I use.
Nice, ceramic waxes/sprays are becoming a good alternative to spray waxes. Last a bit longer for the same $. For us with actual coatings, these types of products can be used as good short term boosters to protect the coating - like CarPro Reload, Gyeon Wet Coat, Adams Ceramic Boost, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
190 Posts
What people don't understand is how fragile all the water based vehicle paint is now as due to VOCs solvant based cannot be used anymore.. and lack of what I call just regular maintenance just like a oil change properly hand washing the paint is so important if you want it to last and don't want clear coat failure etc but like I said there is the 70 percent of the population who don't know how important washing your vehicle is weekly with proper wash methods and don't get me started on what I call the swirl mark wash lol aka "automatic car washes" if you like dull shitty looking paint work with fading then go for it hahah eventually it's going to eat away through the micron thickness clear coat 😋 lol oh well keeps me in business haha
I hand wash with the 2 bucket method but a weekly proper wash is way too time consuming. A proper wash and dry including door jams, etc takes 2 plus hours easy. Not always easy to find that time. Plus, you need to be careful not to wash in sunlight, etc. Takes a lot of energy....;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as you saw in the picture thread, they're there.
What coating do you have on yours?
I have modessa on mine and im trying to figure out a way I can upload a video on here where I show the hydrophobic properties as the water runs Right off almost dry as I want others to see ..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hand wash with the 2 bucket method but a weekly proper wash is way too time consuming. A proper wash and dry including door jams, etc takes 2 plus hours easy. Not always easy to find that time. Plus, you need to be careful not to wash in sunlight, etc. Takes a lot of energy....;)
Yah I don't always go as far as drying door jams etc but I do wash it Weekly and Early in the morning and two bucket as well and I use Mr chemical guys Diablo wheel cleaner and soft wheel brush but after the winter was over as I took delivery of mine end of February.. as soon as the weather was nice I did a first full exterior detail but summer time now I just do a general once a week wash start with a good rinse down and then foam it with Mr pink and then the normal hand wash methods we both know to protect the paint swirls etc . Iv used meguires gold class shampoo but don't like it as the mixing ratio is weak compared to say Mr pink with 2 Oz for 4 gallons of water and I use a leaf blower to dry and lmao I'm sure my nabours think I'm nuts haha there is that man again washing his vehicle again and below drying it .. but hey that's the 70% crowd lol they will never get why we do what we do detialing wise.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love the CG Mr. PINK. Great stuff.
It is awesome.. I buy it by 4 litre jugs lol cus I use it on my own vehicle plus others and or unless it's a badly neglected paint work then I step it up to citrus wash and gloss as it requires better surfactants to removed cakes on dirt and grime which btw that stuff is amazing.. 1oz for a entire 5 gallons of water.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
94 Posts
Hey everyone I just wanted to share a detailing tip of my knowlage to fix say scratches on the center console by the cup holders on the carbon fiber as mine from normal Wear and tear developed some scratches and being a detailer my self it bothered me.
So I thought hey let me try some light abrasive Polish I would use to fix scratches.. and well what do you know it looks allot better 🙂 just takes a little time and patience 😉 here are the results and product I used.

just take a dime size amount onto a clean micro fiber and with medium pressure work the polish in with a back and forth motion over the scratches and wipe with a clean side when hazed over and repeat till you remove the light- medium scratches.
i took the before pic half way through so sorry if you cant see the worst of the scratches but the end ressult as you can see is very nice.

Hope this helps out cheers :) View attachment 590 View attachment 591 View attachment 592
Thanks for the info. Do you think that the same product can be used to remove light scraches in the instrument cluster glass ?

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
190 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you think that the same product can be used to remove light scraches in the instrument cluster glass ?
Sure. If you want it to look a bad as your instrument cluster plastic.... :unsure: 🤨

1 - 20 of 22 Posts