Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guy!
proud CX-30 FWD owner here in Europe, love this car and Mazda generally, coming after 4 years with Mazda 3 (y)

I got this car 3 months ago, a few days back, being at work and having the car close to me, because at times I needed stuff from inside, I decided to keep it unlocked with the keys inside and this was for 12 hrs.

I finished my duty and when I was about to go ... boom, no power whatsoever :confused:

the car service arrived quickly and helped me to start the car, all good then, they checked the alternator and seem to be OK as well but what may have happened?

I suspect the in-car lights might have been on but still, I couldn`t expect the battery to drain that much, the ext lights were surely off so, did anyone encountered such issue?

Dan

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
24 Posts
as far as I know, the interior lights switch off after a few minutes, even when the keys are inside (if all doors are closed shut).

I would take it up with Gasan, your official Mazda dealer (I'm a fellow Maltese) as it's definitely something with the said battery or else, the whole key/radar interior system which detects the keys inside (in order not to let you accidentally lock the said keys)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Dan, It does seem like it was a dead battery, but you can never be too careful with going to a dealer and getting it checked out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
an update ...
long story short, faulty main battery :confused:

the first check-up revealed nothing faulty as the "engine malfunction" message that I`ve had after the second battery failure has disappeared and the technician cloud have not identified any fault, probably did not properly check the battery as I have suggested them ... then a third flat battery occurred, I started the car with a power bank, the same error appeared and I went straight away to the dealer. This time they said that the hybrid battery is faulty and needs to be ordered and to use the car without keeping it unlocked :unsure: but ... after several minutes waiting to get the car back, they returned saying that the car refuses to start even with the help of the power bank lol ... I said ... guys, just give me a backup car and let me go to work eh ..

Next day miracle, they called back saying that the main battery was faulty this time, they replaced it and ... it looks ok now, I can keep my car unlocked with or without the fob inside.

I am still concerned, guess I will check again by keeping it unlocked for longer although I am forced to drive almost every day.

You may try this as well and let us / me know how it goes.

thanks for your insights :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts