Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
141 Posts
Very weird and I believe very frustrating for those having this issue. Fortunately 5 months and 10 000 km here with no issue...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I've had no issues since the main battery, not the mild one have been replaced, 6k kms, all good so far but indeed, it seems like there is an issue here..

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Well I've had no issues since the main battery, not the mild one have been replaced, 6k kms, all good so far but indeed, it seems like there is an issue here..
My feeling: all the technologies un this car drain quickly the battery on ACC or on ignition.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My feeling: all the technologies un this car drain quickly the battery on ACC or on ignition.
My battery died without using the ACC, just left unlocked with the keys inside or / and outside for around 11 hrs opening the doors at times perhaps 10 - 15 times.

I remember that the second battery failure showed no life whatsoever, I also thought that maybe the ignition requires more power than usual but the battery was totally flat, no signs of life, no dashboard animation, nothing.

There is something either draining the battery or the battery itself is crap from the factory.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
My battery died without using the ACC, just left unlocked with the keys inside or / and outside for around 11 hrs opening the doors at times perhaps 10 - 15 times.

I remember that the second battery failure showed no life whatsoever, I also thought that maybe the ignition requires more power than usual but the battery was totally flat, no signs of life, no dashboard animation, nothing.

There is something either draining the battery or the battery itself is crap from the factory.
Did you take note that the USB port and the lighter outlet have always power on it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Did you take note that the USB port and the lighter outlet have always power on it?
I just checked, the car was off for around 3 hrs, the mobile charger that has got a led ring around was off, I can't confirm that it stays on..

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
Left my iphone connected at the usb in front for couple of hours by accident after parking at friends. Wasn't charged.

Regarding overnight flat battery for no apparent reason, on the German forum couple of people with battery problems have reported to have received a newly released Body Control Module update to mitigate the problem. We are hunting for a TSI now.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Left my iphone connected at the usb in front for couple of hours by accident after parking at friends. Wasn't charged.

Regarding overnight flat battery for no apparent reason, on the German forum couple of people with battery problems have reported to have received a newly released Body Control Module update to mitigate the problem. We are hunting for a TSI now.
Please, keep us posted regarding this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
Mazda Germany has released service bulletin E14/020 to their dealers that there is a potential issue with a "Welcome Light" function draining the battery, preventing the car to go to sleep. This option is not available in EU but might accidentally been activated in the inner software nevertheless. Dealers are advised to check with MDARS that the function has really been de-activated and if not, to de-activate. I enclose the PDF, but it is in German. I guess you need to have a module installed as well to actually have the option, as with the ambient lightning sold as an option and also needs to be activated in software by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info. My dealer also told me recently that a Service Bulletin is about to be release for north america's CX-30.

I will keep you posted when I will see the famous service bulletin.

PJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m currently experiencing similar issues. Twice now the battery has drained after the car being parked for 48 hours, both times in very hot (30+ dec C) weather.

First time Mazda Assistance came out, got the car started and took it to the dealer. After a week, they informed me that they had put a new battery in as the original one was dead.

Second time, I opened it up to load the car up for a Staycation, went to program the nav system and found the dash warning lights making like a disco. Car wouldn’t start, so called Mazda Assistance again. Waiting on a resolution
I resorted to emailing Mazda UK regarding the TSB issued in Germany about the power issue. Still waiting on a response.

Just picked my car up after Mazda had it for over three weeks. Initially, Mazda tried to tell me that the dash cam I hardwired to the internal fuse box was on all the time and cause the problem. I told them to check the camera for footage and, if it had been recording during the two days the vehicle was parked, I would accept this.

After a couple of days of silence, I drove to the dealership and asked what was going on. They informed me that they had sent a report off to Mazda and were waiting for a response. After a few more days of silence, I drove to the dealership again (next to impossible to get through on the phone) and was told that they were waiting for a replacement ‘module’

The ’module‘ was fitted today and when I collected the car, I was informed that Mazda advised that the circuit I had connected the dashcam to was permanent live and this was causing the issue. When I disputed this, they told me that the circuit was only rated for 2 milliamp draw and the dash cam takes more than this. I told them that I had been in contact with the dashcam manufacturer and know that the dashcam was rated at 2 amps and had built in protection to prevent the voltage from dropping below 11.5v. I also asked why the circuit had a 15 amp fuse if it was only rated for 2 milliamps..... Anyway, they recommended that I get an auto electrician to connect it to a switched circuit, so the camera is not live all the time. I will do this as there may be issues in the future if I don’t and have more issues with the car.

I was told at the beginning that if it was the camera causing the problem, I would be billed for the work, something which I agreed to. When I collected the card, I was informed that there would be no charge as Mazda agreed to consider it a warranty repair (Which makes me suspicious that there is bugger all wrong with the camera setup)

when I asked for details of the work done, I was told that ‘all the paperwork has to go to Mazda UK, so they were unable to provide me any details’ I feel another unanswered email to Mazda UK coming on.....

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
I resorted to emailing Mazda UK regarding the TSB issued in Germany about the power issue. Still waiting on a response.

Just picked my car up after Mazda had it for over three weeks. Initially, Mazda tried to tell me that the dash cam I hardwired to the internal fuse box was on all the time and cause the problem. I told them to check the camera for footage and, if it had been recording during the two days the vehicle was parked, I would accept this.

After a couple of days of silence, I drove to the dealership and asked what was going on. They informed me that they had sent a report off to Mazda and were waiting for a response. After a few more days of silence, I drove to the dealership again (next to impossible to get through on the phone) and was told that they were waiting for a replacement ‘module’

The ’module‘ was fitted today and when I collected the car, I was informed that Mazda advised that the circuit I had connected the dashcam to was permanent live and this was causing the issue. When I disputed this, they told me that the circuit was only rated for 2 milliamp draw and the dash cam takes more than this. I told them that I had been in contact with the dashcam manufacturer and know that the dashcam was rated at 2 amps and had built in protection to prevent the voltage from dropping below 11.5v. I also asked why the circuit had a 15 amp fuse if it was only rated for 2 milliamps..... Anyway, they recommended that I get an auto electrician to connect it to a switched circuit, so the camera is not live all the time. I will do this as there may be issues in the future if I don’t and have more issues with the car.

I was told at the beginning that if it was the camera causing the problem, I would be billed for the work, something which I agreed to. When I collected the card, I was informed that there would be no charge as Mazda agreed to consider it a warranty repair (Which makes me suspicious that there is bugger all wrong with the camera setup)

when I asked for details of the work done, I was told that ‘all the paperwork has to go to Mazda UK, so they were unable to provide me any details’ I feel another unanswered email to Mazda UK coming on.....
I hope I will not have to pass thru all those problems with Mazda.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts