Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about the cars in North America but here in Asia the CX30 is a flex fuel vehicle which can run on E85. My question is does E85 give anymore power than running say 93 octane gasoline.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
314 Posts
Ethonal technically speaking has less energy when Burt vs pure gasoline. Hope that answers your question 🙂

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
141 Posts
E85 will give more power than 93 octane gasoline. Although the % of ethanol blend will vary from 70 to 85% depending on the season. In turn, the octane rating will vary between upper 90's and 106.
Any ethanol mix is lower in BTU output than straight gasoline, requiring a richer mix, lowering mpg's

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E85 will give more power than 93 octane gasoline. Although the % of ethanol blend will vary from 70 to 85% depending on the season. In turn, the octane rating will vary between upper 90's and 106.
Any ethanol mix is lower in BTU output than straight gasoline, requiring a richer mix, lowering mpg's
Thanks. That is what I was thinking more power, less mpg. E85 here is about $2.10 US and 93 octane is $2.50. Should equal out.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
64 Posts
E85 is extremely hard on oxygen sensors and your catalytic converter. If you plan to keep the car long term I would not recommend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts