Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5 L Turbo Premium+
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dismayed that my new CX-30 didn't come from the factory with fog lights. All the other Mazda SUVs have fogs. Has anybody located a decent aftermarket kit? Is there phantom wiring already in the car so you can just hook things up - I've seen that in a number of European cars.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
703 Posts
had fogs on my last three new vehicles, and didn't find it much of an advantage, also with the LED lighting on my CX-30, it out-performs what they provided.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in an all too often foggy/rainy environment in Washington State. Fogs do make a difference at night. I've had autos with fog lights since 1970. If they weren't factory equipped, I installed them. Outward edges of the lower opening on the front of the Mazda CX-30 is the logical location for fogs.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
I was dismayed that my new CX-30 didn't come from the factory with fog lights. All the other Mazda SUVs have fogs. Has anybody located a decent aftermarket kit? Is there phantom wiring already in the car so you can just hook things up - I've seen that in a number of European cars.
The UK version doesn't have fog lights either - it is claimed (by Mazda) that the LED lights perform the fog light function directly and that fog lamps are therefore not needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The UK version doesn't have fog lights either - it is claimed (by Mazda) that the LED lights perform the fog light function directly and that fog lamps are therefore not needed.
I'll have to evaluate Mazda's claim about the LED lights during our next inclement weather.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
I'll have to evaluate Mazda's claim about the LED lights during our next inclement weather.
I've been very impressed with the lights on my CX-30, but oddly enough, the top models with the adaptive models are not rated as highly as the models with 'just' LED lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think my lighting spec is "adaptive" but I haven't yet figured out exactly what that means. Lights turn when wheels turn?

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
86 Posts
I think my lighting spec is "adaptive" but I haven't yet figured out exactly what that means. Lights turn when wheels turn?
I have a Premium model with the adaptive headlights. They do move as the steering wheel turns. I had my car for several months before really driving it much at night so I was skeptical. It's actually nice now that I've driven it at night more - if you're somewhere that's not really that dark (in a well lit urban area) it might not be that noticeable. I live in a rural area that's DARK so I can definitely tell the difference - it's more obvious when a turn is finished and the lights straighten back up.

·
Update your profile with your Vehicle Details
7 Posts
I was dismayed that my new CX-30 didn't come from the factory with fog lights. All the other Mazda SUVs have fogs....
Not accurate, only top-trim CX-5s have fogs. Ditto the CX-9. I don’t think the CX-3 even has that option, at least with US versions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mazda's correct, IMHO. The adaptive LED's in the CX-30 are more than sufficient to obviate the need for "fog lights." I had incandescent fogs on my Saab wagon in addition to bi-xenon head lamps. The fogs helped modestly in bad weather. The Mazda LED's are almost too powerful. Every other night, it seems, I get "flashed" by an oncoming car (always with incandescents) thinking I have my high beams on, when they've already been automatically dimmed. But I love the range and power of the lamps. The automatic turning of the lights on curved roads is really fun. Bottom line...if I did lots of night driving in foggy areas, maybe if moose were a concern (not kidding), I'd get fogs. But not needed where I live (moose-less).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts