Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side mirror stopped fully opening. It would only go about half way and then lock in place. Driver side mirror is operating as normal. My wife dropped in at our dealer’s service and they applied a software update for a known mirror fault. I have not seen this ‘known issue’ anywhere yet. Anyway the software update didn’t fix the problem. I took it back in today and they tried the software option again but have now said the mirror is faulty and the entire unit will be replaced under warranty. Apparently in Australia it costs about $700 😳

I know mazda have had issues with folding mirrors for years but I haven’t seen our cx30 affected yet. I will add that yes we are in winter but the car is parked in our garage with morning temps of around 1c (33f) so not an issue

·
Registered
18 Posts
My passenger side mirror stopped fully opening. It would only go about half way and then lock in place. Driver side mirror is operating as normal. My wife dropped in at our dealer’s service and they applied a software update for a known mirror fault. I have not seen this ‘known issue’ anywhere yet. Anyway the software update didn’t fix the problem. I took it back in today and they tried the software option again but have now said the mirror is faulty and the entire unit will be replaced under warranty. Apparently in Australia it costs about $700 😳

I know mazda have had issues with folding mirrors for years but I haven’t seen our cx30 affected yet. I will add that yes we are in winter but the car is parked in our garage with morning temps of around 1c (33f) so not an issue
Just to add that mine started to have this issue. First with passenger side mirror then with both. I resolve this by folding them by pressing the button and quickly pressing it again. Sometimes it takes one sometimes three presses. Sometimes it works ok. I will take it to the dealer’s for a check.

·
Registered
2021 cx30 (100 yr edition)
174 Posts
The only problem I've had is that occasionally they don't fold back when I leave the car. Probably 5% to 10% of the time. But hasn't done so lately.

They should go back when the key fob is 2 to 3 metres way from the car

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to add that mine started to have this issue. First with passenger side mirror then with both. I resolve this by folding them by pressing the button and quickly pressing it again. Sometimes it takes one sometimes three presses. Sometimes it works ok. I will take it to the dealer’s for a check.
They quickly accepted to fix it as apparently it is a known fault with the folding motor

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Postovani I ja imam slican problem. Da li ste kod Dipema resimo problem
@Klajvert - you must post in English on this forum. If English is not your native language use Google translate BEFORE you post.
@Klajvert - morate objaviti na engleskom na ovom forumu. Ako vam engleski nije maternji jezik, koristite Google prevodilac PRE nego što objavite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.