Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola. If you have lowered your CX-30, have you noticed any inadvertent negatives? Maybe the ACC isn't acting right or the handling got worse? I'm considering dropping mine but wanted to get some opinions from the people who already took the dive.

Also, aside from the looks, what are some of the positives? I'm not a big fan of the body roll on my CX. How much has that improved?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo PP AWD/Snowflake White Pearl Mica/White Leather
61 Posts
I had a 2014 sGT sedan and it was lowered. Changed the suspension three times and the ride to me was never good. My friend who did all my suspension mods loved it so much though, he thought the ride was great and it handled amazing. While I absolutely love the look of a lowered car, it is not for me. I WILL NOT be lowering the CX30. I also promised my wife, no suspension mods. It is only appearance mods and actually I am more than fine with it. I was going to go with the 3 turbo hatch, but I knew I would get the itch to lower it. With the CX30, I don't have that itch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The lower Euro version looks better. You might think it would handle better too. I would love to see some journalist do a direct comparison, but I am not holding my breath. I would have more faith in the factory doing a lowering job rather than going about it with random aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand you concerns and If random part are a worry you can probably get the European suspension shipped. But I don't have a problem with aftermarket. They are often times better quality and design. Some companies have superb engineering and often improve on aspects of car parts. A lot of them are in the professional racing seeing and spend a lot on R&D. A few, that's been around for sometime have developed great manufacturing practices. That is why aftermarket exists. Hell, some car makers partner with after-marketers and some have racing devisions, including Mazda.

I realize the CX-30 is not a sports car and don't expect it to perform or look like one but I'm willing to upgrade certain aspect of it to make it better for my liking.

I love this image partly because I have the same exact wheels on my 350Z.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I understand you concerns and If random part are a worry you can probably get the European suspension shipped. But I don't have a problem with aftermarket. They are often times better quality and design. Some companies have superb engineering and often improve on aspects of car parts. A lot of them are in the professional racing seeing and spend a lot on R&D. A few, that's been around for sometime have developed great manufacturing practices. That is why aftermarket exists. Hell, some car makers partner with after-marketers and some have racing devisions, including Mazda.

View attachment 1689
Good rebuttal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the advantages of buying a SUV is the improved ground clearance to cope with steep speed humps and driveways!

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo PP AWD/Snowflake White Pearl Mica/White Leather
61 Posts
One of the advantages of buying a SUV is the improved ground clearance to cope with steep speed humps and driveways!
Absolutely! Do I love the look of lowered cars and SUVs? Yes! I always will. I chose the CX30 Turbo over the 3 Turbo hatch because I wanted to sit higher and have higher ground clearance plus I just fell in love with it. My 2014 3 was lowered in 2016 and I am very much enjoying the higher and smoother ride of the CX30 right now. I understand the want for lowering it but for me personally, it defeats the purpose of buying a CUV or SUV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Absolutely! Do I love the look of lowered cars and SUVs? Yes! I always will. I chose the CX30 Turbo over the 3 Turbo hatch because I wanted to sit higher and have higher ground clearance plus I just fell in love with it. My 2014 3 was lowered in 2016 and I am very much enjoying the higher and smoother ride of the CX30 right now. I understand the want for lowering it but for me personally, it defeats the purpose of buying a CUV or SUV.
I have a 2017 Mazda 3 at the moment which has a decent ground clearance to handle my steep drive. The new Mazda 3 has a worse breakover angle so I now need to consider a SUV like the CX30. For some reason car designers are intent on lowering the ground clearance on their new designs of hatchbacks and saloons which is bananas for practical driving conditions.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about Mazda 3 for a second but CX30 is larger, which works for me better. I do not benefit from ground clearance where I live. No snow or steep driveways around.

I think a height adjustable coilovers would be a great solution for the times when the higher ride is needed. Unfortunately the aftermarket for CX30 is bare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts