Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My on-board computer suggests a change to 16,000 KM, but the manual recommends the 8,000 KM if driving under certain conditions such as dust, heat or cold.
This is, in my opinion, exaggerated. I had several vehicles and never had engine problems while changing the regular oil to 10,000KM.
If we consider that it is synthetic oil, I think a change to 16,000KM is ideal.
How often do you change your oil?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
50 Posts
My first service was at 3000km. Now it is set for every 10,000km. I live in a hot but not dusty climate.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
My on-board computer suggests a change to 16,000 KM, but the manual recommends the 8,000 KM if driving under certain conditions such as dust, heat or cold.
This is, in my opinion, exaggerated. I had several vehicles and never had engine problems while changing the regular oil to 10,000KM.
If we consider that it is synthetic oil, I think a change to 16,000KM is ideal.
How often do you change your oil?

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
336 Posts
our cx30 has just alerted us to the fact that its due a service, it 8 months old and done 2500 miles....o_O

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
36 Posts
our cx30 has just alerted us to the fact that its due a service, it 8 months old and done 2500 miles....o_O
That cannot be right. Maybe the time is taken from when the software was installed during manufacture.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
41 Posts
Mine just alerted me. And it’s 8 months old with 5k km ok the clock

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
336 Posts
Our Cx30 will be serviced at 12 months...

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
71 Posts
Look at the build date on the car to know when the oil is a year old. Not when you purchased it...

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Unless you know nothing in cars, this chart can secure you but in reality, it is for the dealers, an easy way to do money. Oil change every 16,000KM is good enough for most of us.
The chart says first oil change at 16,000km so I’m not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The chart says first oil change at 16,000km so I’m not sure what you mean.
I asked the question to Mazda Canada they told me that because of the winter conditions, they recommand changing at every 8000KM.
For me, it makes no senses to pass from 16000 to 8000 just because we have 3 months with risk of days under -10 degrees.
Also, I never had a single problem with engines in my life.
Additionnaly, synthetic oil is supposed to provide longer intervals between oil changes.
I think it is simply a way to do money.
I still wait explanations from Mazda regarding that recommendation at 8000KM

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
327 Posts
I asked the question to Mazda Canada they told me that because of the winter conditions, they recommand changing at every 8000KM.
For me, it makes no senses to pass from 16000 to 8000 just because we have 3 months with risk of days under -10 degrees.
Also, I never had a single problem with engines in my life.
Additionnaly, synthetic oil is supposed to provide longer intervals between oil changes.
I think it is simply a way to do money.
I still wait explanations from Mazda regarding that recommendation at 8000KM
Even the CX 30 maintenance guide says oil changes at 16,000 km with only six months or 8,000 km maintenance inspection which I would do and iv already done it and this way you won't run Into warranty issues.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
71 Posts
It's very simple... If you plan to keep the car a long time. Change the oil every 5,000 miles or 8,000 Kilometers. If you plan to only have it a few years. Change it every 10,000 miles or 18,000 Kilometers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car has just alerted "service soon" it's only 6mths old with 2000 mile on clock? do I have to live with the warning light for the next 6mths?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
My car has just alerted "service soon" it's only 6mths old with 2000 mile on clock? do I have to live with the warning light for the next 6mths?
Mine did the same on Friday. It was telling me I needed service in 3300 miles. On the US spec. you can go into the service notification settings and change them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine did the same on Friday. It was telling me I needed service in 3300 miles. On the US spec. you can go into the service notification settings and change them.
Yea mine says 600km I changed it and put a date of next March in, the warning/alert is still there?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can control it via The information section of your Mazda connect screen. The dealer has probably set it at 6 months; that's the way dealer makes good money 🤑

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got it, I altered the service due date but did not reset the oil change due (y):rolleyes:

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it, I altered the service due date but did not reset the oil change due (y):rolleyes:
The same menu into Mazda connect will let you reset the oil change but you first have to press twice the start button wihtout applying the break pédal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts