Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
730 Posts
Still on the factory oil at 11,100 km .. when I brought it in for the 8k inspection service dealership advised me the oil is good and to come back in another 6 months or 8k for a total of 16,000 km and handed me the maintenance guide from Mazda's website and also told the vehicle has a intelligent oil monitoring system.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Still on the factory oil at 11,100 km .. when I brought it in for the 8k inspection service dealership advised me the oil is good and to come back in another 6 months or 8k for a total of 16,000 km and handed me the maintenance guide from Mazda's website and also told the vehicle has a intelligent oil monitoring system.
Interesting. Where do you live?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So, a climate similar to Northern Montreal. You seem to have an excellent dealer. Enjoy your CX30.
The following chart is much more specific and logic:

Certain driving habits can affect the life of the oil, as well as driving conditions such as temperature and terrain. Lighter, more moderate driving conditions and temperature will require less frequent oil changes and maintenance, while more severe driving conditions will require more frequent oil changes and maintenance. Read the table below to see how Mazda's oil-life monitor system determines oil life:
Understanding Mazda Service Indicator Lights -  HOW DRIVING CONDITIONS AFFECT THE ENGINE OIL LIFE OF A MAZDA

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
730 Posts
So, a climate similar to Northern Montreal. You seem to have an excellent dealer. Enjoy your CX30.

The following chart is much more specific and logic:

Certain driving habits can affect the life of the oil, as well as driving conditions such as temperature and terrain. Lighter, more moderate driving conditions and temperature will require less frequent oil changes and maintenance, while more severe driving conditions will require more frequent oil changes and maintenance. Read the table below to see how Mazda's oil-life monitor system determines oil life:
Understanding Mazda Service Indicator Lights -  HOW DRIVING CONDITIONS AFFECT THE ENGINE OIL LIFE OF A MAZDA
Yah as per the dealership they told me that the CX 30 is equipped with a oil life monitor that will use driving habits .. engine temperature and things like that and will change the milage and several other factors and will change distance to oil change accordingly .. so say for example lots of short distance driving in the winter and the engine doesn't reach operating Temp allot .. it willl decrease the mileage for the oil change at a faster rate and they told me it's pretty accurate and they can see more details when they plug Mazda's proprietary software on a laptop to the vehicles computer cus I asked them how they know by looking at the oil at my first service at 8k that the oil was good for another 8k.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yah as per the dealership they told me that the CX 30 is equipped with a oil life monitor that will use driving habits .. engine temperature and things like that and will change the milage and several other factors and will change distance to oil change accordingly .. so say for example lots of short distance driving in the winter and the engine doesn't reach operating Temp allot .. it willl decrease the mileage for the oil change at a faster rate and they told me it's pretty accurate and they can see more details when they plug Mazda's proprietary software on a laptop to the vehicles computer cus I asked them how they know by looking at the oil at my first service at 8k that the oil was good for another 8k.
Thanks for this precious information .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even the CX 30 maintenance guide says oil changes at 16,000 km with only six months or 8,000 km maintenance inspection which I would do and iv already done it and this way you won't run Into warranty issues.
How much does the dealer charge for the inspection-type (non-oil change) maintenance intervals? What happens to warranty if you neglect these and only get the oil changes at 16K intervals?

·
Registered
730 Posts
How much does the dealer charge for the inspection-type (non-oil change) maintenance intervals? What happens to warranty if you neglect these and only get the oil changes at 16K intervals?
It cost me 70 Bux with tax and they told me it doesn't need the oil change as they checked the oil condition and I'm good to go till the max Interval and to come back in 6 months or when it hits 16,000 km. So it wasn't exspensive and will save you a potential headache. Now since this post iv had my very first oil change and am coming up to the service number 1 inspection again and it's going to require a breaks maintenance service which will cost a little more but when it comes to vehicle maintenance I don't care the cost and I get it all done according to the Manuel.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Intervals of 8K is when you use non-synthetic oil. It is normal with today's engine using synthetic to do 16K. Of course, the dealer wants to see you every 8K but your engine don't need it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Intervals of 8K is when you use non-synthetic oil. It is normal with today's engine using synthetic to do 16K. Of course, the dealer wants to see you every 8K but your engine don't need it.
Surprisingly my dealership is really honest and transparent.. they told me do t bother with the oil change at 8k when I had it in and to just use the oil life moniter as set intervals do not apply to the CX 30 and to come back when the wrench light comes on and just make sure not to miss the service number 1 between oil changes of 8k or 6 months to only check things and make sure the oil monitor is working.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's very simple... If you plan to keep the car a long time. Change the oil every 5,000 miles or 8,000 Kilometers. If you plan to only have it a few years. Change it every 10,000 miles or 18,000 Kilometers.
Even by changing oil every 16K, the last thing that gonna break is the engine. With the CX30, we have a very good engine, so I really not worry and my intention is to keep the car for a long long time, like I always did.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Even by changing oil every 16K, the last thing that gonna break is the engine. With the CX30, we have a very good engine, so I really not worry and my intention is to keep the car for a long long time, like I always did.
All I gotta add is the oil life moniter works and it's accurate.. had my oil changed in November.. went from 16,000 km to now it saying 10,000 km .. I can tell you that I have not driven 6,000 something odd kms in like 5 months .. it works and uses many different algorithms to make it's oil life calculation.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
35 Posts
You know you are totally making me twitch in my 55 year old mindset right??? Hell, I only got past 3K changes a decade ago using synthetic. Now I am up to 7K miles. Don't be messing with my world... :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
You know you are totally making me twitch in my 55 year old mindset right??? Hell, I only got past 3K changes a decade ago using synthetic. Now I am up to 7K miles. Don't be messing with my world... :)
Honestly the oil life moniter that th CX 30 has works very well and is accurate.. I will leave it there for ya haha

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
56 Posts
I might so my first pretty early, though I only have 900 miles right now.
I plan on doing it every 5-6000 miles or so

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
52 Posts
5000 miles or 6 months, especially with the turbo, is what I do. It may not be necessary as it seems many brands are going to 10,000 miles or 12 months.
I do it for piece of mind as an oil change is cheap compared to a repair.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
79 Posts
5000 miles or 6 months, especially with the turbo, is what I do. It may not be necessary as it seems many brands are going to 10,000 miles or 12 months.
I do it for piece of mind as an oil change is cheap compared to a repair.
So long and short of it ? what is the manufacturer recommendation for oil changes in a "normal" maintainance schedule. I heard 6 months... i also heard every 7500 miles from dealer...and some folks on here say 10,000 miles or 1 year for oil changes ...head spinning @@@@

·
Registered
730 Posts
So long and short of it ? what is the manufacturer recommendation for oil changes in a "normal" maintainance schedule. I heard 6 months... i also heard every 7500 miles from dealer...and some folks on here say 10,000 miles or 1 year for oil changes ...head spinning @@@@
stick to the oil life monitor.. end of head spinning lol.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
765 Posts
So long and short of it ? what is the manufacturer recommendation for oil changes in a "normal" maintenance schedule. I heard 6 months... i also heard every 7500 miles from dealer...and some folks on here say 10,000 miles or 1 year for oil changes ...head spinning @@@@
what it tells you in your owners manual maintenance section, it's all clearly explained.

Reactions: savcom
21 - 40 of 40 Posts