Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be dipping the rear badges in Hyper Dip Shadow Black. I didn’t feel like dipping the chrome grille trim so I bought this. Arrived from China in 10 days!!!!!! Black glossy ABS plastic. Hopefully I will be able to install this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
422 Posts
I will be dipping the rear badges in Hyper Dip Shadow Black. I didn’t feel like dipping the chrome grille trim so I bought this. Arrived from China in 10 days!!!!!! Black glossy ABS plastic. Hopefully I will be able to install this week.
😍 Lovely we can't wait to see what it looks like when it's installed 😃

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be installed tomorrow when it’s warmer out. I installed all the 3M tape and she’s ready to go. I just pushed them in and snapped a few pics to see how they fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please let us know how the fitment is. Any gaps or sharp edges?
Just putting them on to check it out, it looked like the driver side was perfect. The passenger side looked off just a tad in two spots with very small gaps but not that noticeable. No sharp edges. I will see how it is once it’s fully installed with the tape.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok install is complete! Fitment is pretty darn good. Just the center of the bottom where the two pieces meet are a little off and at the corner near the lights on the passenger side, but I am okay with that. It is a glossy black ABS plastic and it has the same multi color metallic flake in it like the gloss black mirror caps. I also installed the lower grille trim even though I have the active shutters. My plate holder will be installed from the dealer. I had bought the shorter ones first on ebay not realizing there were two different sizes, one for European plates and one for US plates. I love the look. It is supposed to be around 72 on Sunday so if it is warm and nice out, I will be dipping the rear emblems in the Hyper Dip Shadow Black.

Will be getting the front windows tinted and the windshield strip and also get the front emblem lightly smoke tinted. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
162 Posts
Ok install is complete! Fitment is pretty darn good. Just the center of the bottom where the two pieces meet are a little off and at the corner near the lights on the passenger side, but I am okay with that. It is a glossy black ABS plastic and it has the same multi color metallic flake in it like the gloss black mirror caps. I also installed the lower grille trim even though I have the active shutters. My plate holder will be installed from the dealer. I had bought the shorter ones first on ebay not realizing there were two different sizes, one for European plates and one for US plates. I love the look. It is supposed to be around 72 on Sunday so if it is warm and nice out, I will be dipping the rear emblems in the Hyper Dip Shadow Black.

Will be getting the front windows tinted and the windshield strip and also get the front emblem lightly smoke tinted. :)
I'm feeling all negative and don't mean too: I'm wondering how the black will hold up to the sun and UV light. Will it start fading or turning some odd color? Or possibly warping, shrinking or something else weird. And if you want to pull it off, will there be a bunch of the tape residue on the chrome grill surround that might not come off... It does look GREAT and I'm thinking my Polymetal Gray CX-30 would look good with this addition. Are you going to do anything to the chrome trim along the bottom of the door windows? Your car is very sharp - my 1st choice was white but when I saw the Polymetal Gray in person I had to switch - I would have been completely satisfied with the Preferred trim but no Polymetal Gray paint on those...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm feeling all negative and don't mean too: I'm wondering how the black will hold up to the sun and UV light. Will it start fading or turning some odd color? Or possibly warping, shrinking or something else weird. And if you want to pull it off, will there be a bunch of the tape residue on the chrome grill surround that might not come off... It does look GREAT and I'm thinking my Polymetal Gray CX-30 would look good with this addition. Are you going to do anything to the chrome trim along the bottom of the door windows? Your car is very sharp - my 1st choice was white but when I saw the Polymetal Gray in person I had to switch - I would have been completely satisfied with the Preferred trim but no Polymetal Gray paint on those...
No worries! I’ve done plenty of mods on my 3. Tape residue is easy to come off. I’m not worried about that. If it does warp or fade, I can pull it off clean it up and at that point I would get it vinyl wrapped glossy black or just dip it. On my 3 I bought the lower trim model window trim and replaced the chrome. Not sure what I want to do on the CX. It needs to be glossy to match the pillar trim. Might just have that vinyl wrapped. I had lots of ABS plastic before abs it held up well. I had my 3 for seven years.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
752 Posts
Thank you! And yes I was! Actually still on there!!!! Your name looks familiar too!!!!
Haven't been on the 3 forum since I sold my 3 to get the 30. No need for 2 cars as I am retired. I only has 60k kilometers in 6 years on my 3. I sold it to the sales manager at the Mazda dealership as he was looking for a nice car for his son who is in college.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't been on the 3 forum since I sold my 3 to get the 30. No need for 2 cars as I am retired. I only has 60k kilometers in 6 years on my 3. I sold it to the sales manager at the Mazda dealership as he was looking for a nice car for his son who is in college.
Congratulations on your retirement! I have only posted on there a few times recently, other than that I’m not active on there. My 3 had almost 159K on her when I traded her in. My work commute is a killer.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
Now you just need to replace the chrome roof rails. Check out Ebay. I just installed an Ebay roof rail kit in black and it looks great, much better than the chrome. Takes some time as you have to go slow so as not to scratch the roof. I will try and post a picture this weekend.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Now you just need to replace the chrome roof rails. Check out Ebay. I just installed an Ebay roof rail kit in black and it looks great, much better than the chrome. Takes some time as you have to go slow so as not to scratch the roof. I will try and post a picture this weekend.
I think for now I’m leaving the roof rails as is and the chrome trim around the windows. I’m having the Mazda crossbars installed on Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts