Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not what you want to see ....

Waiting for the the dealership to get back to me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not neccessarily a concern. I have had this message appear on my CX-5 numerous times in the following circumstances:-
a) Low angle bright sunshine shining directly at the car, i.e sunrise, sunset.
b) Slush snow buildup on the front logo
c) Road grime buildup on front logo and windshield
d) In very cold temperatures, frost buildup on the front windshield while driving at -28C.
Usually corrects itself once one of those issues is remedied. In the case of the sun, the message clears soon after you change direction or the sun rises or sets lower in the sky. I haven't ever had to have the car serviced to clear this message. Hopefully your cause is related to one of these and not a major issue.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been out to the car 3 times in last 2 hours , the fault has cleared, feedback from the dealer is, drive and see if it reoccures. if it does they will need it in for a day to leaise with mazda europe via the diagnostic cloud, apparently its one of the most complex systems on the car, so any minor fault it turns off all saftey the systems
we had it a few times in the cx3, but that was just due to the camera codensating,

Thanks and replying to your advice;
the weather is dull
the car is clean
its about 7 degrees
so we'll see how we get on....

·
Registered
25 Posts
We got this with ours when driving across the moor in drizzle / fog. Since we have driven on motorways in equally poor conditions and it never occurred I think it might be that a combination of poor weather and no other traffic for a sustained period might trigger it

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We we're hoping the glitch had been sorted with the safety devices using the radar and not just the camera...like in the cx3 which was always suffering with condensation

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not exactly the same issue but somewhat related. Since we have had a couple of full days of sunshine I have noticed that the system in the CX-30 is definitely more sensitive to sunlight that the system in the CX-5. In both cases of morning sun and late afternoon sun the system notifies that radar cruise below 30km/h has been disabled. As long as I am driving facing the sun, or in the general direction of the sun the message is constant with orange circles around the car safety sense icon. As soon as I changed direction away from the sun, the message clears quickly and back to green circles around the car on the dash indicator. If you change direction back towards the sun, the same message returns. The car was clean and roads were dry. Sun in both cases was at or a bit below 45 degrees from the horizon and within 20 degrees left or right from center of the car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not exactly the same issue but somewhat related. Since we have had a couple of full days of sunshine I have noticed that the system in the CX-30 is definitely more sensitive to sunlight that the system in the CX-5. In both cases of morning sun and late afternoon sun the system notifies that radar cruise below 30km/h has been disabled. As long as I am driving facing the sun, or in the general direction of the sun the message is constant with orange circles around the car safety sense icon. As soon as I changed direction away from the sun, the message clears quickly and back to green circles around the car on the dash indicator. If you change direction back towards the sun, the same message returns. The car was clean and roads were dry. Sun in both cases was at or a bit below 45 degrees from the horizon and within 20 degrees left or right from center of the car.
For us , its not reoccurred, but it sucks that when you need the extra safety-bad weather or poor driving conditions , the system is not available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts