Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had our first touch of frost last night and found my door mirrors wouldn't come out of their folded positions this morning.
Anybody else had this?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
I had power folding mirrors on my last vehicle (miss that feature on my CX-30) and for winter I always locked them in the open position. I didn't want to damage anything with the possibility of ice/snow build up in that area.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d already thought about you guys up in Canada & the northern states. It was only just below 0 here last night, surely they’re designed to cope with far colder climes than that.
The mirrors open & close automatically with the central locking. There is a button on the door to manually retract them, but not sure if they can be deactivated extended.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
79 Posts
There is a setting in vehicle settings (I think) to chose whether or not you want it to go automatic with locking/opening. In winter I de-activate that setting, learned my lesson with another car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll try a squirt of silicone in the pivots but, if it happens again, then I’ll go looking for that setting Ronnie

·
Registered
660 Posts
I’ll try a squirt of silicone in the pivots but, if it happens again, then I’ll go looking for that setting Ronnie
also a spray de-icer can be helpful too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it back from its 1st service today and they said this was a known issue, for which they installed a software update. I’ve no idea how that’s going to stop it freezing, but we’ll see.
The mechanic did spend about 1/2 hour with me afterwards trying to sort out my ‘indelible text’ issue (qv) including another update, so I can’t fault them on service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it back from its 1st service today and they said this was a known issue, for which they installed a software update. I’ve no idea how that’s going to stop it freezing, but we’ll see.
The mechanic did spend about 1/2 hour with me afterwards trying to sort out my ‘indelible text’ issue (qv) including another update, so I can’t fault them on service.
Mirrors froze again this morning. Very unhappy wife had hour’s walk to work.
Not looking forward to picking her up later.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello I had same issue here in Scotland last week. I sprayed them with Antifreeze not much of a difference. I don't have the patience you have I just pushed it out. Design flaw I think.

·
Registered
660 Posts
that's why you lock them in the open position for the winter 😄

·
Registered
47 Posts
that's why you lock them in the open position for the winter 😄
Not sure we have that option in the UK. Will look it up tonight. Also never ever had to go and lock mirrors in UK.We don't get heated wipers here either. To be clear the weather we have had in the last week has not been a patch on the weather we have had for example with Beast from the East.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure we have that option in the UK. Will look it up tonight. Also never ever had to go and lock mirrors in UK.We don't get heated wipers here either. To be clear the weather we have had in the last week has not been a patch on the weather we have had for example with Beast from the East.
Went looking for the setting in the manual today and found this little note:-

NOTE
x The outside mirrors may not fold in
and out automatically under cold
weather conditions.
If the outside mirrors do not fold in
and out automatically, remove any ice
or snow, and then press the outside
mirror folding switch to fold the
outside mirrors in or out.
x The automatic folding function can be
turned on or off.
Refer to the Settings section in the
Mazda Connect Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't have the power folding mirrors on my CX-30 but had it on my previous vehicle and that was what you could do, but this may not be the case the Mazda, just assumed it should function that way.

I notice on the news that the weather in many parts of the UK is far worse than where I'm located. We've not seen much snow at all, haven't even used my snow-thrower once so far this winter. 😄

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had our first touch of frost last night and found my door mirrors wouldn't come out of their folded positions this morning.
Anybody else had this?
Yes....three days of wing mirrors not opening until temperature rose. Lucky i didnt need to go on any longer journeys or would have had to wait until defrosted to set off. Mid morning or midday by time they opened. Im only in Scotland!
Sprayed defreezing liquid on....to no avail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes....three days of wing mirrors not opening until temperature rose. Lucky i didnt need to go on any longer journeys or would have had to wait until defrosted to set off. Mid morning or midday by time they opened. Im only in Scotland!
Sprayed defreezing liquid on....to no avail.
I thought I was the only one with this problem! However I have sprayed WD40 into the hinge, in order to repel the water which freezes, and so far it seems to have worked! ..... now need to do the same with the rear door handles!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to do that at the very start but, if truth be told, I really don’t think we should need to be doing things like that on a brand spanking new car.
If they really do need such measures to keep them from freezing straight out of the showroom, then it should be part of the PDI.
This is the first car I’ve owned with said feature, would be interested to hear whether other brands/models have the same problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with water on inside of windows. On a couple of occasions during colder weaththe i have noticed water on inside of front window but on one occasion I had to wipe down my inside rear window as it was so water droplet covered i couldnt see through it. Like severe condensation!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts