Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
47 Posts
7l/100km more or less since the beginning. 34 mpg
2.0l Skyactive G - 122 ch AT. That's fine by me. When driving a lot in city traffic, it can go up to average 7.4l/100km and conversely, on medium road, driving smoothly, it can easily go down to 6.4l/100km.
I didn't notice any difference with or w.o AC, but the Stop/Start does make a real difference when in traffic jam.

·
Registered
2021 Skyactiv-X 2.0 AT AWD
40 Posts
My M Hybrid doesn't go farther than 0.2 kWh - and stays at 0.0 most of the time.
I'm hoping this will improve when the winter ends as now a lot of the power is used for heating, but I kind of get the feeling the secondary battery is too small and charging it is somehow inefficient. On my daily trips, I only get a little bit of iStop towards the end and even on longer trips, I never see the secondary battery get charged over half way of its capacity. It would be interesting to charge it to full externally once and see if it changes things in any way.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
47 Posts
I'm hoping this will improve when the winter ends as now a lot of the power is used for heating, but I kind of get the feeling the secondary battery is too small and charging it is somehow inefficient. On my daily trips, I only get a little bit of iStop towards the end and even on longer trips, I never see the secondary battery get charged over half way of its capacity. It would be interesting to charge it to full externally once and see if it changes things in any way.
In one year of use, I rarely saw the secondary battery at full charge, even after a long slope

·
Registered
2021 Skyactiv-X 2.0 AT AWD
40 Posts
My M Hybrid doesn't go farther than 0.2 kWh - and stays at 0.0 most of the time.

From google: "An average Tesla uses 34 kWh of electricity per 100 miles【161 km】"

That is 0.34kWh/mile which is 0.2125kWh/km. I don't know if that is comparable with the 0.2kWh shown on mazda's display? They should have more decimals, now it's just stupid.

Our CX-30s of course use a desiliter of gasoline on top of that :)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,454 Posts
I have just returned from a trip into New York state and Vermont, it was nice to be able to switch to mpg when I crossed into the US from Canada. It makes it easier to control your speed and see the distances in miles, which seems a little strange. However for quite a few hours I was able to achieve over the 40 mpg mark, so it is doable. I took a photo of my instrument panel as proof as some owners may not believe it. It was also strange to see the instant fuel economy reading where it's better when the bars read high, whereas in Canada it's the opposite. 🙂

Car Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Automotive design

·
Update your profile and enter your vehicle details
8 Posts
With my 2.5 liter I can just manage 40 mpg on the highway if it's dead flat or descending. My highway average (living in mountains that are more uphill than downhill....(you'd have to live here to figure that one out)....is about 34 mpg and that's my overall average since most of my driving is highway commuting...if I get a few in town trips my average dips to the lower 30's. On the whole this is a thrifty car!

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
345 Posts
I have just returned from a trip into New York state and Vermont, it was nice to be able to switch to mpg when I crossed into the US from Canada. It makes it easier to control your speed and see the distances in miles, which seems a little strange. However for quite a few hours I was able to achieve over the 40 mpg mark, so it is doable. I took a photo of my instrument panel as proof as some owners may not believe it. It was also strange to see the instant fuel economy reading where it's better when the bars read high, whereas in Canada it's the opposite. 🙂

View attachment 5707
As one who lives on the border in the u.s. And frequently drives in quebec, do know you need not switch from imperial to metric. The heads up display reads the metric signage and automatically changes it to mph on the heads up display. You never need worry about speeding. Because i have often lived in "metric" countries i never paid attention to this....never noticed it as i automatically knew what kph was in mph. I just noticed this while driving in montreal the other day.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,454 Posts
As one who lives on the border in the u.s. And frequently drives in quebec, do know you need not switch from imperial to metric. The heads up display reads the metric signage and automatically changes it to mph on the heads up display. You never need worry about speeding. Because i have often lived in "metric" countries i never paid attention to this....never noticed it as i automatically knew what kph was in mph. I just noticed this while driving in montreal the other day.
my model does not have the heads-up display, I have to change it manually in the SETTINGS / System Settings.

Reactions: Steve56
21 - 30 of 30 Posts