Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2021 GS AWD LP MGM
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been driving my new CX-30 for a week now. I’m at around 230 km. My fuel efficiency has been showing around 12.4 L/100 km for the last 40 kms or so. I have not been driving like a maniac either, I’ve actually been pretty conservative.

Should I be worried? Should I go to the dealership and let them know about this problem? If so, would I have to pay for any fixes at this point (maybe spark plugs stuff)? Or should I just keep driving and see if that reduces? It’s a bit of a concern for me as the fuel tank is not huge, ~50 L, so instead of being able to drive around 500 km on a tank, I can only drive 400 km, which is a major difference. And the difference between advertised fuel efficiency in city (~9.9 L/100 km) is a quite significant one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve been driving my new CX-30 for a week now. I’m at around 230 km. My fuel efficiency has been showing around 12.4 L/100 km for the last 40 kms or so. I have not been driving like a maniac either, I’ve actually been pretty conservative.

Should I be worried? Should I go to the dealership and let them know about this problem? If so, would I have to pay for any fixes at this point (maybe spark plugs stuff)? Or should I just keep driving and see if that reduces? It’s a bit of a concern for me as the fuel tank is not huge, ~50 L, so instead of being able to drive around 500 km on a tank, I can only drive 400 km, which is a major difference. And the difference between advertised fuel efficiency in city (~9.9 L/100 km) is a quite significant one.
That it very high fuel consumption , I have AWD 2.5 litre cx30 and I’m getting combined 7.7 , that’s with 70% city and 30% highway driving . On a trip doing 110 KL per hour I’m getting 5.5 per 100 klms and around town which are only short drives 12 klm return from home to work doing 50 KL per hour I’m getting 8.5 , so far I’ve done 7500 klms and my previous Mazda 3 2.5 litre got exactly same fuel consumption 7.7 combined.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That it very high fuel consumption , I have AWD 2.5 litre cx30 and I’m getting combined 7.7 , that’s with 70% city and 30% highway driving . On a trip doing 110 KL per hour I’m getting 5.5 per 100 klms and around town which are only short drives 12 klm return from home to work doing 50 KL per hour I’m getting 8.5 , so far I’ve done 7500 klms and my previous Mazda 3 2.5 litre got exactly same fuel consumption 7.7 combined.
In Australia we run on 91 ron

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
112 Posts
Wait a little longer until your engine gets broken in (hate that term) which should be somewhere around 500 miles (800km). I swear that my old Mazda 3 got faster after 20,000km. lol

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts

I'm afraid this info you are giving us is so vague it really doesn't mean much as to what conditions you are encountering while driving. Never get concerned about fuel economy on such a new vehicle, monitor it for a few thousand kilometers and see how it's doing, say up to your first service and then bring it to their attention if this is still the case. Tank fill estimated are also a very poor guide, actual fuel used is of more use.
You also have fuel monitor on your display to show you what you get for each trip you do from the time you start the car till the time you turn it off, this will give you a good guide as to where you fuel is being consumed and under what conditions.

By the way your AWD fuel tank is 48L, and FWD is 51L.

Reactions: Patagucci_X

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
27 Posts
I can see the average fuel efficiency on the speedometer, I did not realize you can get an overall history in the main display. Cool! I’ll have to look for that.

Anyway, driving 70/30 city/highway and using cruise control on the highways, I’m hitting Mazda’s advertised fuel consumption pretty accurately (~9L/KM). Pretty satisfied with that result.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
51 Posts
I'm about 3000km into my 2021 and I do mostly highway driving. Averaging about 9.3 L/100km right now, which is okay but nothing spectacular. I don't accelerate particularly hard, but I typically cruise the 400-series highways in the GTA at around 120 to 130 km/h (traffic is light on my schedule), so I know that doesn't help any.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
15 Posts
I'm afraid this info you are giving us is so vague it really doesn't mean much as to what conditions you are encountering while driving. Never get concerned about fuel economy on such a new vehicle, monitor it for a few thousand kilometers and see how it's doing, say up to your first service and then bring it to their attention if this is still the case. Tank fill estimated are also a very poor guide, actual fuel used is of more use.
You also have fuel monitor on your display to show you what you get for each trip you do from the time you start the car till the time you turn it off, this will give you a good guide as to where you fuel is being consumed and under what conditions.

By the way your AWD fuel tank is 48L, and FWD is 51L.

View attachment 1056

View attachment 1057
Just as conwelpic said, don`t worry too much about a new car. I've had my 2020 CX30 for a bit over a month now and hit 4000km in that month. The L/KM didn't stabilize until a few thousand in and now I'm hovering 7.5L/100km for combined highway and city. Make sure you cruise towards red lights and stopped cars on the highway to maximize that $$$

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll just drive more and keep a sort of journal. I’ll keep it updated if it stays the same or change!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts
I can see the average fuel efficiency on the speedometer, I did not realize you can get an overall history in the main display. Cool! I’ll have to look for that.

Anyway, driving 70/30 city/highway and using cruise control on the highways, I’m hitting Mazda’s advertised fuel consumption pretty accurately (~9L/KM). Pretty satisfied with that result.
if you haven't already found it, here is the setting to show the results at the end of any drive. It shows up after the "Mazda" logo shows on the display after turning off the ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I agree. Wait until you completed about 3000 miles. Like you I was concerned at first, but then as the miles mounted up I’ve been more impressed.
im finding especially on motorway runs at speeds around 70 mph I’m exceeding 50 mpg which I’m more than happy with. General mixture of driving seems to return around 47mpg.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi. I agree. Wait until you completed about 3000 miles. Like you I was concerned at first, but then as the miles mounted up I’ve been more impressed.
im finding especially on motorway runs at speeds around 70 mph I’m exceeding 50 mpg which I’m more than happy with. General mixture of driving seems to return around 47mpg.
Best of luck.
Wow 47 mpg is about 5 L / 100 km which is REALLY good. Me, it went down to about 8.5 L / 100 km now, after about 850 km driven (bit of highway and mostly city), goes up to 8.7 when I only drive in the city. I'll keep this updated. I just want to be able to drive about 600 km on one full tank, combined roughly 30% highway and roughly 70% city streets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts